Hi all newby to Nissan’s

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spudman

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I’ve just purchased a 2012 Nissan Navara with 98k on the clock.

My last couple of vehicles have been Toyota’s, anyway I’ll finish here with that story.

I went to Ross’s Auctions here in Karratha and picked up the Navara for $8,000, absolute immaculate ex hire more than ex mine, no red dust, I’ve in the process of taking the yellow stripes off with a caramel wheel.

Looking forward to sharing stories etc and being part of the team.

Ivan:wash_truck:

Welcome mate, hope the truck treats you well !
In regards with the stripeing/stickers, if the wheel is taking awhile grab yourself a hairdryer and heat them up before peeling them away

Welcome mate, hope the truck treats you well !
In regards with the stripeing/stickers, if the wheel is taking awhile grab yourself a hairdryer and heat them up before peeling them away

Hi mate, thanks for the advice, I’ve actually been using a eat gun and iit definitely makes it easier

thats a good price for a 2012 model. make sure you now give this vehicle its big 100 k service.

Thanks mate, that sounds like a big one, unfortunately no books came with vehicle so might just get it done at the Nissan dealer

Today I changed the oil and filters, the old oil was very thick, the car has been sitting for a while as the sticker on the windscreen said next service in 2016.

Runs heaps better now with some fresh oil, also fixed up a couple of broken tonneau hooks and then put a round 7pin plug on.

A good day and loving my Nissan

For info, 100k service on these is a standard service. The major services are every 40k km. Freewheel hubs need repacking every 40k km, from memory they day replace at 120k.

It's up to you, especially being as old as it is, whether you do it yourself or take it somewhere. It would probably pay to replace all fluids now and then just keep your own schedule.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

For info, 100k service on these is a standard service. The major services are every 40k km. Freewheel hubs need repacking every 40k km, from memory they day replace at 120k.

It's up to you, especially being as old as it is, whether you do it yourself or take it somewhere. It would probably pay to replace all fluids now and then just keep your own schedule.

Thanks mate, yeah I just did a search, a timing chain, that’s gotta be a bonus, so basically just all the oils, so I’ll just do all again plus the diffs and then 5000 from then on.

Yep, I normally do engine oil and filter roughly every 5000. I did hubs and full fluids at about 80k, mine has about 100k on it now, 2010 model. I will probably do all fluids again shortly. They recommend brake fluid every 2 years. I used the nulon blue coolant in mine when I changed it. Haven't had any problems with it and that was a year ago.

Yep, I normally do engine oil and filter roughly every 5000. I did hubs and full fluids at about 80k, mine has about 100k on it now, 2010 model. I will probably do all fluids again shortly. They recommend brake fluid every 2 years. I used the nulon blue coolant in mine when I changed it. Haven't had any problems with it and that was a year ago.

Thanks, yes I was wondering about the coolant, as I don’t know what it is I’ll just do a full flush and go from there.

Latest posts

Back