Fuel management / pre filter install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good thread, I am looking at buying a universal kit. The 30 micron fuel manager filters are used for pre filtering and the 5 and 2 micron filters are used as final (or secondary filters) from my reading. Using a 2 or 5 micron filter would affect the flow rates whereas using a 30 micron pre filter fuel manager would not affect the flow as the genuine filter is a finer filtration (I have read 4 or 5 micron?).

These guys seem to sell the cheapest I can find on ebay. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-L...29?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3f3cf64d35

Also read here on using a primary or secondary fuel filter, with relation to filtration sizes 30,5 and 2 microns.
http://www.dieselcare.com.au/which-filtration-kit-primary-or-secondary

digging up oldie,

has any set up a secondary on a dual battery yd25? if so where?

cheeeers
I know it was a while ago you posted, but better late than never lmao. Here's my effort for today... catch can is under it... not much real estate under the bonnet with the 2 batteries there.....

Anyway, they say a picture is worth 1000 words...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1437730768927.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1437730768927.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 143
Pity the other 2 didn't work lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1437731021089.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1437731021089.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 134
  • uploadfromtaptalk1437731128851.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1437731128851.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 119
And the bit of reinforcing I attempted on the factory filter bracket. Will keep an eye on it for cracking...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1437731429855.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1437731429855.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 108
  • uploadfromtaptalk1437731525307.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1437731525307.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 103
Good stuff. You can bend the aircon tube slightly so it misses the filter. Grab it closest to firewall then where you want it bent and apply pressure and it'll bend. Try not to bend to much or your in trouble lol.

Nice, I'll give that a go. I thought they must have changed something cause yours had heaps of room lol. I'll have to try that on the compressor end too, cause at the moment that's touching the catch can pipe. I have some old offcuts of hose I've put in in the mean time to stop any rubbing through. I'll get a closer pic tomorrow of how close it sits to the catch can too and the bracket that's mounted with, just in case anyone else wants any ideas haha

Yeh man I took mine down to a ac mechanic and he just bent it and said it's all it needed. Was only a light bend and it fit perfectly

Ahahha great. I got someone to fit my tank lol. I am actually thinking about flipping my filters around now and making the fuel manager my primary stage and putting a 2 micron filter in it up from the 30 micron in it now. This way the factory filter 10micronish is the first filter that gets the crap .Then it's super filtered in the fuel manager before hitting the motor. This was recommended to me after discussion with BDG (Bailey's Diesel Group)oin regards to final filtration and what works best

Yeah, I was considering that too, but thought the factory filter was finer than that... I thought they were closer to a 5 micron... it is a good idea though, especially with the cost of pumps and injectors. ...

Yeh it's just a thhought atm. My fuel management system has already saved me an expensive rebuild and that was from a local servo not a remote one.

Nice. It's hard to pick where you're going to get a bad batch and a lot of the time they seem to be local servos... Long range tank is in. Gotta change the fuel filter in 600ks or so apparently cause of the swarf in the tank. Wondering if I should bypass the stanadyne until I've done that so it doesn't fill up as well....

Thought I'd throw a pic up of the bracket I created for the small forefront catch can. Pretty basic, but works well. Be nice if the engine bay had a bit more room lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1438487924821.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438487924821.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 134
He's a pic of mine installed--30um primary..welded bracket onto original surround and added a section of 16mm RHS as a support

Stainless M12 hx hd bolts and Nylocks

Dragging up an old thread guys but will give it a shot before making a new one.

Looking at getting the Western Filters Fuel Manager kit.. heres the blurp..

Kit FM618DPK Contents :
• 1x Fuel Filtration Unit Fuel Manager
Made by Stanadyne in the USA !
(Filters down to 30 Microns !)
• Mounting Bolts, washers & Nyloc nuts.
• Spare 30 Micron Filter.
• 4 Mtr of 3/8" Quality Fuel hose.
• Specially Designed Filter Mounting Bracket.
• 3/8" Inch Straight Barb Fittings.
• Blanking Plugs.
• Hose Clamps.
• 6mm Mounting Bolts.

Has anyone had a go at fitting this kit that comes with a mounting bracket etc? I have no problem with fitting the kit just not sure how i go about priming the fuel system again once i have?

My main concern is that 95% of my fuel comes out of diesel tanks on a farm so im worried about getting dirty fuel or picking up water. Does the 07 D40 have a water alarm?

Cheers guys

07' D40 STX

Priming was easy as. I just hooked it up pre factory filter and pumped the primer til i got sick of pumping it. Then cranked it over and it ran for a few seconds and stopped. Primed it a little bit more until the primer went really hard and then cranked it over again and it was fine.

Last edited:
Cheers mate. When its fitted into its bracket is it very easy to see the water part? Weighing up if i need to buy the water alarm with it as well or if ya can easily see the clear plastic. Cheers

Not sure where they mount on the d40, but mine isn't too bad. If you check it whenever you check the oil then you should be fine. Can't say I've seen any water in mine yet, but I mainly fitted it because I was putting a long range tank in at the same time and we will be doing outback travelling in the near future...

Thought I'd beef up the filter mount bracket today. Added an extra bit of flat bar over to the inside of the left quarter panel. You can shake the whole car with it now and the filter bracket hardly moves at all... should be strong enough hopefully hahaha

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1449485073338.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449485073338.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 123
  • uploadfromtaptalk1449485147268.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1449485147268.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 114

Latest posts

Back