Navara Cracked Firewall

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavePP

Reaction score
I have a 2008 (purchased new in 2009) Nissan Navara King Cab (cab chassis) that has a cracked firewall. It has only ever been used as a ute for work. Anyone else have this problem? Nissan want to charge $11.000 to fix it! Yet this is an integral component of the car and have noticed that other Navara's have had this problem. Any advice/experiences would be great. Looking at lodging a Fair Trading complaint.

Cracked fire wall

Sorry no didn't think about it at the time. The crack is near the clutch (as the only reason I found out about the crack was when I couldn't drive it because the clutch had gone - driving along a busy road of course) Anyway not the clutch but the crack that has made the clutch unusable (the clutch had been a bit off for a few weeks and had the mechanic look at it and it was fine - he wasn't looking for a cracked firewall!) Also in hindsight starting the ute one morning weeks prior it made a terrible noise, checked under then bonnet, tightened anything that was loose, but now think this was the flex that might have been the final nail in the coffin.

Last edited:
I had a similar problem in my first car - holden rodeo minitruck looking thing -
I took it to my mechanic because the clutch was real sloppy like you said. There was two cracks where it came thru the firewall.
It probably wasn't a permanent fix but he drilled a small hole at the end of each crack and put a couple spot welds down the line. Then got a square of plate steel (cut in half) with a hole big enough for everything to pass thru it and welded that over the top for some added strength.
I was happy with the small extra cost and the fix as it was a 15 year old truck that i wasnt keeping forever.

Thanks for your comment and glad you got 15 years out of the Rodeo first before it needed fixing - not like the 5.5 years I have from this car!

Do a thread search as I can remember seeing 2 others on here previously. One was near the clutch but the other was up near the bonnet hinge.
It may help to contact them if going to fair trading or just to see the fix.
The Navara clutches do have a heavy pedal, which is odd seeing they are a piss weak clutch...

Nissan Navara Fire Wall Fixed!

Just following up on my posts from the beginning of the year. My Nissan Navara that had a cracked firewall (due to no fault of mine) and was just out of warranty (see prior posts)
Anyway it got back on the road approx 2 months ago (after being out of action since before Xmas 2014) and it was fixed at no charge to us by Nissan Australia after a very long and drawn out process. I will say that Fair Trading NSW were fantastic.

Had the same problem with my 2010 Thai built, got it fixed, can't remember how much it cost me though but there is alot of work to be done so they can weld inside the engine bay.

Hi DavePP Just recently had the same issue with my firewall cracking and having no clutch I'm in contact with fair trade about the matter wondering if I could email you about it and get some Info, Cheers Hayden

Hi DavePP & Haydj98,

I am going through exactly the same thing with my 2009 Navara. One day the clutch just stopped working and turns out the fire wall is cracked. This was not due to any fault of mine or any accident. Nissan have called today after assessing the vehicle and have said they will not cover the cost to repair the car. I am about to go to fair trade and any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am in Victoria.

It has already been 3 months now and I can see this getting dragged out even further...

Thanks in advce to anyone who has any advice.

Kate

Hey guys, same issue here, but the wall has completely given way.

Any advice on how to proceed with chasing Nissan to fix it?

Nissan Navara Fire Wall Fixed!

Just following up on my posts from the beginning of the year. My Nissan Navara that had a cracked firewall (due to no fault of mine) and was just out of warranty (see prior posts)
Anyway it got back on the road approx 2 months ago (after being out of action since before Xmas 2014) and it was fixed at no charge to us by Nissan Australia after a very long and drawn out process. I will say that Fair Trading NSW were fantastic.

Hi DavePP
I have the exact same problem with my 2012 D40. I serviced it and got back in to take it around the block and the clutch hit the floor and was doing nothing so after inspecting a found several cracks in the firewall and the clutch assay that holds the pedal was also cracked down both sides. I spoke with Nissan who told me to take the car to local dealer and now Nissan want nothing to do with it as they want to see photos to show it doesn’t have a heavy duty clutch in it even after I told them it doesn’t. The dealer wants to charge me $144 x 14 hours to take the clutch out which I’ve declined paying so my nav is just sitting at the dealer and has been for 3 months. Unbelievable amount of calls back and forth with dealer and Nissan Australia. Spoke with fair trading and they said to write a letter to the original dealer which we did but there is nothing they can do. How did you get Nissan to repair the vehicle.

Hi DavePP
I have the exact same problem with my 2012 D40. I serviced it and got back in to take it around the block and the clutch hit the floor and was doing nothing so after inspecting a found several cracks in the firewall and the clutch assay that holds the pedal was also cracked down both sides. I spoke with Nissan who told me to take the car to local dealer and now Nissan want nothing to do with it as they want to see photos to show it doesn’t have a heavy duty clutch in it even after I told them it doesn’t. The dealer wants to charge me $144 x 14 hours to take the clutch out which I’ve declined paying so my nav is just sitting at the dealer and has been for 3 months. Unbelievable amount of calls back and forth with dealer and Nissan Australia. Spoke with fair trading and they said to write a letter to the original dealer which we did but there is nothing they can do. How did you get Nissan to repair the vehicle.

Nissan Australia are saying that because the nav has 250,000 kms on it and 8.5 years old that it’s a retail repair. The high kms are all Highway mind you Cobar to Sydney and return. 9 hours drive at 110km most the way and we’ve only ever used it as a work ute. No off-road use. The only thingI noticed a few months back is the cruise control stopped working. Regardless of the age of the vehicle it’s clearly a manufacturer issue and not durable. They are saying otherwise.

Only just spotted this long standing thread. Know one thing for sure will be doing regular inspections. Does not inspire much confidence considering I have a Thai Built King Cab. :oops:

my 2010 d22 has been repaired a million times , had to take the guards off and weld up all the spider cracks every where , repair a body mount , repair a shock tower , weld cracked chassis ,replace worn out door hinges,replaced 5 cb radio antennas cracked aircon gas lines //400,000+ klms

Latest posts

Back