Sports Bar and Ally Bull Bar Paint - Black

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prestage754

Reaction score
Hey guys, thinking of taking my bull bar and sports bar off to get blasted and powder coated.
has anyone had this done? trying to decide on whether or not to go matte black of gloss black?? maybe Gloss bull bar and matte sports bar??

Also has anyone had their ally bull bar done and does it chip off ??

Hey guys, thinking of taking my bull bar and sports bar off to get blasted and powder coated.
has anyone had this done? trying to decide on whether or not to go matte black of gloss black?? maybe Gloss bull bar and matte sports bar??

Also has anyone had their ally bull bar done and does it chip off ??
powder coating is a tough material and is not that easy to chip off. if your going black i would consider going a saturn/ semi gloss finish not matt as after time black does fade from u.v. rays. its very popular to powder coat bars etc , also have you thought of doing a colour code match such as white car white bar ?

powder coating is a tough material and is not that easy to chip off. if your going black i would consider going a saturn/ semi gloss finish not matt as after time black does fade from u.v. rays. its very popular to powder coat bars etc , also have you thought of doing a colour code match such as white car white bar ?

Thanks mate, I have a silver Navara so I guess colour matching would be leaving it ally ? I want to change it up and the black bars etc look nice on the silver navaras I have seen.

yeh keep them black then but the silver powdercoat looks different to the silver alloy bars. how about the powder coated silver front bar and a black roll bar ?

I'm about to remove my alloy bars that have been painted at some stage black but are flaking off.

Last time I did this on another car I used a specific rollbar paint from SEM, costs a bit more but the finish was perfect and never had an issue.

Latest posts

Back