1991 wd21 terrano

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwolf

Reaction score
Hi all bought myself a terrano today.
Got it to replace my d21 dual cab that has kicked the bucket.

Terrano is a stock as a rock 1991 2 door model with a td27t auto.
Not sure about autos but I'm gonna give it a chance to prove itself before considering swapping in a manual.
It had previously been a girls car hence the pink graphics down the side(first things to be removed ) as well as stick on chrome strips around the wheel arches(second thing to be removed).
I bought it unlicenced but it won't take much to get it ready for a roadworthy inspection.
It's got the usual tacho, speedo needle issue but it came with a replacement gauge cluster.
Also has a headlight problem caused by a faulty light switch but came with a replacement one of those too.
Only other things needed is a brake light globe and a couple of suspension bushes in the front.
Came with a brand new set of tyres, new alternator,overhauled brakes and a new exhaust.
Once she's rego'd and on the road the modifications shall begin :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 17,440
Removed the graphics and chrome strips on one side today.
I'll do the other side and then give the whole thing a going over with my buffer and a polish.
That should bring it back to life, was starting to fade in a few spots too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 200
Looks nice mate, should come up a treat, my younger brother has one, they're not a bad unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks guys I picked it up for $1200 and the parts needed to sort it for rego should work out around the $400 mark then inspection fee plus rego itself.
So for under 2 grand I'll have myself a good terrano.
I drove it home from perth (under a permit) and it ran great, drove great and was quite reasonable on the fuel so alls good so far.
Now I just gotta get some time to get it done.......

Looks great, be careful buffing black though. It is the hardest colour to buff and not leave swirl marks, if however you are experienced with a buff, I am sure it will look great.
I was in an automotive paint shop on Canberra a while back and they had "black polish" which is actually black in colour and they swear it is the only thing to use on black paint.
Have fun with your new acquisition, it will be a worthy replacement.
Regards, Tony

Yeah thanks mate.
Good advise, I have had experience with buffing black I painted my evolution 2 lancer black when I rebuilt it and it's a challenging colour at best.
At the end off the day though it'll be covered in mud more often than not so shouldn't see my swirls too often.

Love the look of them early ones, and yours looks a treat. Good pick up mate, enjoy.

I've started on the repairs to get her ready for rego.
First up was to put in a couple of new wheel studs on the front right hub, discovered why they where missing, looks like someone lost a wheel as the nut on the lower ball joint has a portion ground down and the holes for the two missing studs where a bit flogged out.
Nothing a mig welder and a die grinder couldn't fix.
Next task discovered why it had a lot of vibration at idle, 2 shagged engine mounts left the sump sitting on the front diff ! :(
Luckily no damage to the sump, bought 2 new mounts $150 for the pair.
Pulled the old ones out and the drivers side one actually had no rubber left, will finish the job after work tonight.

Got stuck into the repairs today.
Finished installing the engine mounts, fixed up the bodgy wiring that was done to the headlights,replaced the radius rod bushes with some nice shiney red nolethane ones, fixed an oil leak from the turbo feed line and blasted away several years worth of built up grime from the engine, trans, transfer and surrounds.
Pretty much just leaves the front sway bar bushes to do and she'll be ready to go over the pits.

Good work. You in the mines over there ?

Thinking this might be your truck to get you too work.

Nah no mine worker but I do visit them a lot.
I'm a truck driver and we regularly run up north with all sorts of freight from building materials to earth moving machinery, transportable houses and everything in between.
The terrano's gonna be my daily driver and weekend fourby.
Something I can tackle the silly stuff with and leave the wife's pajero in one piece.

Mate on mine does the same thing, he's with Boom and is always going back and fourth to the local mines.

He does alright out of it.

Ha that's funny we do a lot of work for boom down here in the southwest.
Also done a few runs up north with counterweights for them when they've sent cranes up there.

Got a mate whose a crane driver aswell, I got a 2 minute go of the controls the other day.

The boom has probably never moved so slow, bloody made sure I didn't damage anything.

He rang me up to help him change a tyre, thank !@#$ it didn't have the 525/85/20 tyres. Haha. Then was showing me how they work... Dont think Id want that responsibilty everyday.

Sorry to hijack your thread by the way.

Sway bar bushes arrived today, I'll get them in over
the weekend so I've booked in for an inspection Monday.
Fingers crossed i haven't missed anything so it passes first time.

Got home from work at a reasonable hour yesterday so
i went out and put the sway bar bushes in and double checked
everything was workin etc.
So as far as I can see she's ready for her roadworthy inspection
and have booked her in for Monday, fingers crossed :)

Latest posts

Back