Sold 24" wheels now....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunus88

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Unsure of where I stand with this matter however, I will start from the absolute beginning.

Day 1: Man came over after seeing my navara out the front. He inquired about my 24" wheels and wanting to buy them. I showed him my spare set of 24's with tyres (not fitted) that I have had in the garage for about 12 months that I have never used (bought them second hand).

He didn't seem too interested and primarily wanted the ones fitted to mine instead. I gave him my number and said to call back in a week and I will let him know if I change my mind.

Day 7 approx.: He called me up on a Saturday afternoon and asked if I had come to a conclusion yet. I declined and stated only the ones in the garage were for sale. He asked how much...I said $1000 which is a f'n bargain for 24" Lexani LSS10's with near new rubber. He came over, gave me $500 and promised me the rest the next day. We loaded them up and that was that.

Day 8: He came over Sunday afternoon some time and gave me the remaining $500 owed to me.

Day 9: He contacted me saying the tyre place wouldn't fit them as the tyres are not the correct size for the rims. Something to do with them being either too wide or too narrow, I forget. However, I know they fit as the guy I bought them off had them fitted to his Navara for months!

Not understanding my legal obligations he offloaded them from his ute and put them in my garage demanding a refund. I stated we will discuss this another day and if I can get the money I will try and refund him. The money was spent literally that day on Christmas presents for my family and a ticket for Perth Cup New Year's day.

Day 14 approx: I contacted him the Sunday just gone (7/12/14) and stated I wont be able to refund him as I simply can not afford it. He immediately got angry and said he can not talk right now so we ended the conversation there.

Half an hour later he rocked up at my house calling me dishonest etc. I sold him a set of wheels that I knew very little about and as far as I was concerned were fine to use. He inspected them on the day and is now trying to use there size as illegal etc. He then had the nerve to ask me to swap my 24" wheels currently fitted to my Navara instead. I once again told him I would get back to him with an answer as he constantly puts me on the spot.

Day 15: Today.

He came over un-announced again today asking about the 24" wheels on my Navara. I declined and stated they would not be negotiated under any circumstances. He then tried telling me to take them off and sell my Navara without them. Utterly absurd. Not happening.

I stated that the wheels he originally bought off me that are STILL at my house are not my property anymore and need to be removed from my house. He refused to take them and then told me he will take me to court.

Apologies for the massive rant but this guy has seriously began to annoy me and his intimidation tactics are not appreciated. Me being 26 and him in his 40's I'm sure you can understand I feel un-easy about having a dispute with this guy.

I never ever told this guy the wheels were LEGAL and/or the tyres are legal. I feel it was his responsibility to do the research required in regards to them meeting the standards for D40 Navara's.

He tried to use their legality as a reason for not wanting them but then wanted the ones currently fitted to mine instead? The same issue comes into play I'm sure?

Any help will be appreciated. I wish I never let him stand over me and put them back in my garage but unsure of my obligations I didn't stop him.

Cheers

Hey guys,

Unsure of where I stand with this matter however, I will start from the absolute beginning.

Day 1: Man came over after seeing my navara out the front. He inquired about my 24" wheels and wanting to buy them. I showed him my spare set of 24's with tyres (not fitted) that I have had in the garage for about 12 months that I have never used (bought them second hand).

He didn't seem too interested and primarily wanted the ones fitted to mine instead. I gave him my number and said to call back in a week and I will let him know if I change my mind.

Day 7 approx.: He called me up on a Saturday afternoon and asked if I had come to a conclusion yet. I declined and stated only the ones in the garage were for sale. He asked how much...I said $1000 which is a f'n bargain for 24" Lexani LSS10's with near new rubber. He came over, gave me $500 and promised me the rest the next day. We loaded them up and that was that.

Day 8: He came over Sunday afternoon some time and gave me the remaining $500 owed to me.

Day 9: He contacted me saying the tyre place wouldn't fit them as the tyres are not the correct size for the rims. Something to do with them being either too wide or too narrow, I forget. However, I know they fit as the guy I bought them off had them fitted to his Navara for months!

Not understanding my legal obligations he offloaded them from his ute and put them in my garage demanding a refund. I stated we will discuss this another day and if I can get the money I will try and refund him. The money was spent literally that day on Christmas presents for my family and a ticket for Perth Cup New Year's day.

Day 14 approx: I contacted him the Sunday just gone (7/12/14) and stated I wont be able to refund him as I simply can not afford it. He immediately got angry and said he can not talk right now so we ended the conversation there.

Half an hour later he rocked up at my house calling me dishonest etc. I sold him a set of wheels that I knew very little about and as far as I was concerned were fine to use. He inspected them on the day and is now trying to use there size as illegal etc. He then had the nerve to ask me to swap my 24" wheels currently fitted to my Navara instead. I once again told him I would get back to him with an answer as he constantly puts me on the spot.

Day 15: Today.

He came over un-announced again today asking about the 24" wheels on my Navara. I declined and stated they would not be negotiated under any circumstances. He then tried telling me to take them off and sell my Navara without them. Utterly absurd. Not happening.

I stated that the wheels he originally bought off me that are STILL at my house are not my property anymore and need to be removed from my house. He refused to take them and then told me he will take me to court.

Apologies for the massive rant but this guy has seriously began to annoy me and his intimidation tactics are not appreciated. Me being 26 and him in his 40's I'm sure you can understand I feel un-easy about having a dispute with this guy.

I never ever told this guy the wheels were LEGAL and/or the tyres are legal. I feel it was his responsibility to do the research required in regards to them meeting the standards for D40 Navara's.

He tried to use their legality as a reason for not wanting them but then wanted the ones currently fitted to mine instead? The same issue comes into play I'm sure?

Any help will be appreciated. I wish I never let him stand over me and put them back in my garage but unsure of my obligations I didn't stop him.

Cheers

Mate honestly if it was me I would get his address and take the wheels that he got of you and dump them in his garage and tell him to FCUK OFF .it's not really your problem anymore. Good luck with it bud!

Thanks mate. Trust me it is exactly how I feel right now!

I even told him I will notify him and put them on the verge if they are not collected soon. He is a manipulating pr*ck!

Thanks mate. Trust me it is exactly how I feel right now!

I even told him I will notify him and put them on the verge if they are not collected soon. He is a manipulating pr*ck!

Yeah DON'T let him put it over you, you were honest with the sale in the first place, tell the prick to put them on Ebay it's NOT your problem anymore, fair dinkum some people need a flogging sometimes eh?

Exactly what I said to him. If he doesnt want to use them then sell them on for a profit. I couldnt care less what he does with them or how much he makes on top of what I sold them to him for. I just want them gone and him to never show his face at my door again.

Exactly what I said to him. If he doesnt want to use them then sell them on for a profit. I couldnt care less what he does with them or how much he makes on top of what I sold them to him for. I just want them gone and him to never show his face at my door again.

Good on you mate, it's his property and problem now if he keeps it up just call the police Cheers mate

Send a photo of them out the front with a free to good home sign and say you've got 15 mins

You sold them in good faith with no warranty as is the case with just about all private sales.
He took them without question so the problem be all his.
Just let him know to come get his stuff and you will call the cops if he continues to harass you

Are you a tyre dealer? No . He came and paid the balance the next day , did he at that point ask for a refund? No. He inspected these secondhand wheels and then took possession of them. Yes. They are his now. Too bad so sad let him take it to court and charge him storage fees

Might be a good idea to call the police and fill them in. That way they have a heads up if anything happens and he won't be able to feed them crap. Give them his name and they might even do a house call.

Might be a good idea to call the police and fill them in. That way they have a heads up if anything happens and he won't be able to feed them crap. Give them his name and they might even do a house call.

What he said, this guy know where you live and you will be surprised what wanders will get up to to make them selves feel better. Especially when u have something he wants ie rims on ur ute.

Cheers guys.

Went to the coppers yesterday, they agreed with me that this dude is a fruit cake but as he hasn't become violent they can't do anything at the moment which is fine, I didn't expect them to was just a good idea to show my face down there before anything goes south. But if this guy gets physical and I have to lay him out on my front lawn I am not going to be happy haha.

I will see what he comes back with today as he said he is going to take a day off work to build a case against me. I said no problem good luck and that seeing as the wheels are not my property they need to be removed ASAP. As far as I am concerned I have done nothing wrong.

I am giving him one more chance to collect the wheels. If he doesn't collect them I will contact him and place them on the verge for him to collect himself. If he comes around again and refuses to take them then they are once again, going straight out on the verge.

what case can he possibly have against you?? NONE!

Not that it matters because its not your issue to make sure you sell roadworthy parts, BUT you could of sold them as "RACE TRACK" only rims, Similar to what exhausts do when they sell exhaust systems with NO CAT and muffler they put a little disclaimer on the advert saying "OFF ROAD USE ONLY"

Next time he comes around i would just throw the rims out the shed door and tell him thats where they are staying and if he wants them to sell them or what ever thats its his call but if he doesnt load them up and they get pinched its not your problem its 100% his.

Would be good for you to have a witness there as well just so there is no misunderstanding. Good luck with it.

Ok guys. All sorted. He came around while I was at the gym this evening. Was polite to my sister and grabbed the wheels. Drama over. Cheers to everyone for the advice and words of encouragement.

Great that you got an outcome. Though an unexpected out come. Haha seems a bit random to end just like that.
Anyways fantastic to have it sorted.

I'd say he sought legal advice and they said pretty much what all of you have.

I doubt it, doesn't seem like the guy would be too interested in using forums. Then again for him to just come and grab them after he has been calling me dishonest etc is a bit of a surprise none the less. Just glad it's sorted. Dude could easily sell them for more than he paid. Should be cheering!

My guess being the smart guy he seems to be. He found out what he could sell them for, then sold them on to a "mate". Mind u I bet he didn't raise the "issues" he had to the new buyer.

Latest posts

Back