Converting Bench Seat to Bucket Seats

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anderss

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've got a single cab Navara with an extremely comfy bench seat... So I want to convert it to two bucket seats! So is this easily done? Which seats are used? Do you just buy other bucket seat Navara seats and install them or Patrol seats or aftermarket seats? What do yo do about rails and welding them or bolting them to the floor? And is engineering for this modification pricey?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers, Anders

bolt in navara seats. captive nuts are already fitted in the body, so its an easy bolt in job.
a few here have done it.

My bench seat in my D21 got lots of use on long drives with a keen partner, but I've seen Hilux seats fitted with some angle cut and welded to suit the mounts.

My bench seat in my D21 got lots of use on long drives with a keen partner, but I've seen Hilux seats fitted with some angle cut and welded to suit the mounts.

So has mine haha but now I've got money and getting more serious about 4WDing and bigger trips, I've come to realise that the bench seat isn't the comfiest of seats. I'll have a look into it, which model Hilux?

hey mate sorry i dont have a better picture but it was one of the first things i did to my single cab. I got seats from a 2013 model into my 1998 cab, $300 for the pair

All the bolt holes are there, you might need to cut away some carpet in the middle from memory

You lose some space as they sit higher and further forward, if you're tall it might be an issue

I put a waeco fridge in the middle

image.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awesome mate! Did you buy your seats from a wrecker?

Space isn't that bigger deal to me haha I should have plenty of room in the tray soon

Smart idea with rhe waeco fridge as well! Can I ask how much that put you back?

Thanks for the help too!

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Yep got a good deal from a wrecker in melbourne, 300 shipped to my door. They came with the seat belt attached but i unbolted and kept original seat belts which bolt to the floor

the waeco was 80 or 90 dollars, autobarn etc have them on sale pretty often

It's not a compressor fridge so it sucks a ton of power and takes ages to get cold (it can heat as well).
I really only use it on long trips, most of the time it is just used for storage -although it was worth the money just for the cup holders :)

edit- just quickly looked on ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-N...898228?hash=item237243c0b4:g:CT8AAOSwzaJX2Jpg

Last edited:
Yep got a good deal from a wrecker in melbourne, 300 shipped to my door. They came with the seat belt attached but i unbolted and kept original seat belts which bolt to the floor

the waeco was 80 or 90 dollars, autobarn etc have them on sale pretty often

It's not a compressor fridge so it sucks a ton of power and takes ages to get cold (it can heat as well).
I really only use it on long trips, most of the time it is just used for storage -although it was worth the money just for the cup holders :)

edit- just quickly looked on ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-N...898228?hash=item237243c0b4:g:CT8AAOSwzaJX2Jpg
You got a good deal there! I'll have to start looking at putting mine in soon. I find you sit a lot lower with a bench seat compared to a bucket seat (compared it with a mates D22)

I'll definitely be investing in one of those then! Such a silly idea to not have cup holders...

I'll keep my eyes peeled on Gumtree and eBay!

Sorry for my extremely late reply, I bearly get on laptop or tablet these days haha

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Hi guys,
Looking to do this aswell!
Is this something that technically needs to be mod plated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back