D40 navara help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickystx

Reaction score
Hi guys I've gotta STX d40 2.5 turbo diesel 6 speed 4wd navara. And I'm having some issues with boost doesn't boost till 3000rpm? Then runs 14psi. Also the lines on the boost solinoied by air box where hanging wrong(just got truck as is) set them up the correct way from on here and the truck just dies ????? Maybe sensor faulty

Welcome to the forum.

Boost problems like this are usually either the vac control solenoid (good chance) or the vac lines themselves. The vac lines sometimes suffer from heat exposure (who wouldn't in there) and are fairly cheap to replace, so they'd be the first thing to do - after all, if you replace them and it's still knackered, you haven't wasted a huge amount of cash (and replacing the lines isn't a bad thing).

Before you go any further, though - how are the brakes? If they're not 100%, perhaps the brake booster has a vac leak - that's more serious, will rob the turbocharger of function and needs to be fixed (how's that for obvious).

Yep my stock rubber vac lines turned to dust, then the spigots snapped off the shabby stock boost control solenoid as i replaced the vac lines with silicone tubing

Funnily enough the replacement solenoid was slightly different, i asked about it and the parts guy at the dealer said it was updated a few years back

The yd25 now boosts harder earlier and peaks at 21 psi instead of 19 according to the torque OBD app

id suggest replacing all vac lines with silicone and getting a new boost solenoid from nissan

All up about $200
Made a big difference to my 07 stx

Latest posts

Back