Servicing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laith

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

Does anyone do there own servicing?

I started after the warranty ran out. Thought id save some money and its a pain in the arse booking it in as I live out of town.

What do you pay for filters and oil?

I just paid $30.99 for the oil filter and $37.99 for the air filter from Repco. The oil I use is Penrite HRP Diesel15 and paid $34.85 for 5L from SuperCheap.

I did the fuel filter 10k ago and can't remember what it was.

Anyone know what the Genuine Nissan items cost? I just assumed they would be dearer.

I use to service my old car myself but I could not be bothered these days with the ute.

Those Ripco prices are dear, I will have to dig through my receipts but I think genuine parts are about the same as what your paying.

Dave.

I do all my own servicing, and any repairs as well unless it's something I don't have the tools to do.

The price on the oil filters sound about right, genuine from Nissan they are about $33, I bought 5 genuine filters a while back from a guy on Ebay for $115 including shipping, works out about $23 each. If the guy still has them when I run out I'll grab them from him.

No idea on the costs of air filters, I bought a Unifilter foam filter not long after I bought the car.

As for oil, just using Penrite HPR15 too, don't think they will be making that one much longer though, a few weeks ago I noticed at supercheap there was a new Penrite HPR10, which is a 10w-50 oil, can't seem them continuing to make 15w-50 with the new one out, which is fine as the 10w-50 is more suited to the ZD30 anyway.

i do most of ours.

oil and fuel filters are easy enough to get.
i had trouble with getting air filters locally so i stocked up on nissan ones. frigen expencive ~$100 each ! !
looking at sending the air filters away to be professionally cleaned.

oil been useing fuchs. however they have recently changed the specs. had to go back to 15w40 as 10w40 no longer advailable without going full sythetic at double the price. existing oil is ~$200 for 20l.
local garages used to charge $14 a litre for middle of the road castrol.

Thanks for the replys.

Wow, $100 for an air filter Tweak'e. Thats unreal.

Ive been told by 2 mechanics that Fuchs oil is excelent. Quite expensive though.

I think I might take a leaf (or two) out of your book Shonky and see if I can buy bulk on eBay for the oil filters. Ive seen them on there before but not for a ZD30. Just goto keep looking I guess.

I might look at getting a re-usable air filter as well. Ive had UniFilters on 2 of my V8 dunnydoors. I noticed the last one always had a dirty, oily trail leading from inside the filter. They were both pod filters.

My RX7 had a giant K&N pod filter. Ive heard bad things about them though too.

How much was your UniFilter Shonky?

See if you can contact a guy by the name of "nizzbits" on Ebay, he is the one I bought the oil filters off, he currently isn't selling much at all so I'm not sure what the go is there, but he may still be getting them.

As for the Unifilter, I bought the kit which is the filter, spare outer filter, filter oil and filter cleaner (part no. UC135 226CS CP) for $115, ordered it direct though their website.

If you do a lot of driving in convoy in dusty conditions it might be worth grabbing a snokel sock too, any time I go out on a trip and I'm expecting to be in a convoy I stick the sock in, it's a lot easier to clean the sock rather than the full filter.

Last edited:
Sorry for hijacking Laith, its sorta servicing related.

Anyone know if the ZD30 injector pumps run a banjo filter like the TD42, SD33, QD32, TD27 etc.

My Navara is fine I would just like to know if I ever have a issue.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back