Torsion bar / bullbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouller

Reaction score
I fitted a steel factory bullbar to my 2010 Thai built d22. Since then the front seems to be banging a little over bumps. Can I just wind up the tortion bars or do I have to replace the suspension??

wind them up...1st off check the ride height

when you buy a steel bull bar from Nisan when its new they don't fit upgraded t/bars

Check your bumpstop clearance:

Should look something like this, even gap between both top and bottom bumpstops.
P9050003.jpg

NOT LIKE

torsions.jpg

OR

toofar.jpg

lol that 3rd pic seems to be wound up a fair bit, hate to be driving it at 100km on a bumpy road

Hey, sorry to thread mine but just adjusted my torsion bars to try and get as much lift as I can, the top bumpstop is just touching. Other than a rougher ride is this going to flog my suspension out really quick? I know it's not right but how bad is it?
Thanks

You should not wind your torsion bars up to fare. There should b a no less then a 10mm gap from the top bumb stops. If you need to find out information, then call jhon from zord suspention. He is on the forum hear just search zord. He is very handy to talk to.

Hey, sorry to thread mine but just adjusted my torsion bars to try and get as much lift as I can, the top bumpstop is just touching. Other than a rougher ride is this going to flog my suspension out really quick? I know it's not right but how bad is it?
Thanks

i think you run the risk of doing damage to the chassis. fatigue due to constant vibration.

I fitted a steel factory bullbar to my 2010 Thai built d22. Since then the front seems to be banging a little over bumps. Can I just wind up the tortion bars or do I have to replace the suspension??

I've got a steel ARB bar and a winch with steel cable plus driving lights and I'm still running stock torsion bars on the front (after market shocks).

The torsion bars seem to be fine after winding up to compensate for the drop induced by the weight of the bar and the winch.

There will be a bit more mass moving up and down so the stock shockers will be working harder and will be less able to control the upwards and downwards motion due to the extra mass.

my ride has gotten alot rougher with hd torsion bars, prefered the old ones to be honest

Latest posts

Back