D22 YD25 Liqui Moly Diesel Purge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like it's sucked in some air. I would try to bleed out the air, get her running on diesel, then try the purge again, taking care not to get any air into the system.
I wonder if an outboard primer bulb in the line from the purge container to the injector pump would be helpful to prime it up before connecting.

Yer iv tryed that but she still doesn't wanna start with the diesel purge

Maybe sucked in air as mentioned or your using the wrong line(just trying to cover al basis). Try what was just mentioned about putting diesel like back on.

Looking at running a can of this through my ZD30, just wondering is there any reason you guys dont use the fuel supply line that comes off the filter housing as the instructions say to use? Is it just easier to use the line close to the pump as its close to the return line?

That is the fuel supply line off the filter. It's just the fuel pump end of the supply line. I wouldn't put it before the filter as it will dilute it to much and the idea of this stuff is to be a pure purge.

Goodluck

Don't suppose anyone has a photo of the setup for a ZD30 purge? There was a separate thread that seems to be deleted! Keen to give it a crack this weekend!

Ooops, Cheers RustyNav, I skipped straight past it!
Next question, does the ZD30 use the same size hoses?

Ooops, Cheers RustyNav, I skipped straight past it!
Next question, does the ZD30 use the same size hoses?

Pretty sure it does mate. I did my brothers zd patrol and didn't have to buy anything to do it. 3/8(10mm) hose and 1/4(6mm) hose

Goodluck

Hi just got the gear to do this on my zd30. Just a few questions. Does the engine just purely run off this liquid when doing the purge? It does not get any diesel in? Will the fuel system need pumping/priming after doing this?

image-2349906028.jpg

In this picture, I understand I disconnect the 10mm hose on the left (internal dimension) from the fuel pump, should I clamp the line before I remove, to prevent the diesel draining out? I then put the clear 10mm pipe on with a fuel filter in between, and the end of that into a clear jug full of purge.

I then take the smaller 6mm hose off and put the clear one in the jug, this is the return line?

Start the car and off it goes? Is it that simple or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Not sure on what hose is what on a zd30 but your dead right with the rest of it...clamp...fit in and out hoses...run engine from straight liqimoly purge.
Before you do this id get the engine warm then do the purge.that way you can range the revs from idle to full and give her a good clean out with some decent fuel pressure.

mate yes it will run solely on the liquid moly run 2 cans if you can afford them on the second can i noticed quiet a bit of shit coming out dont worry about clamping lines u can if u want to but when your finished reconnect lines prime start and away you go

Thanks fellas will give it a go on the weekend, yeah might run two cans through, more the better right? Not gonna hurt anything is it? Sweet as well I'll see how it goes. Cheers.

Matt

Thanks fellas will give it a go on the weekend, yeah might run two cans through, more the better right? Not gonna hurt anything is it? Sweet as well I'll see how it goes. Cheers.

Matt

Gonna do the same, hopefully get. Bit longer before needing a new one

My mech has two d40's and a pathy in ATM with scv issues.
One was so badly worn it had gouges in it.

Did the purge this afternoon. Pretty easy really. Didn't have any air in my lines strangely? The return line had a little bit more than pressure than a dribble also? Seems like it idles smoother but I reckon might just be the placebo effect. Will see how she goes on a run down to work in the morning on the m7. Cheers for the help.

Did this today And Works a treat. So much smoother through the rev range. Was running pretty rough before and the fuel additives weren't cutting it. This however was an immediate improvement.

I also finally gave this a go today. Same results as reported by everyone else. Seems to rev a bit easier now.

Will see how the fuel economy goes over the next couple tanks.

Hi all, first of all thanks Rusty for a great thread. Pics are great and show clearly what needs to be done with the instructions. Completed this today and I'm not the most mechanically minded or capable person out there. Had no issues through the process and took it for a spin once I finished. As some have stated above could just be a placebo effect but I think it is revving a lot easier since being done. I am doing close to a 1500 km highway run to get a canopy in the next few days and that should give some indication on if there is any change in fuel economy. The egr block, again using the info from the forum, and it added about 40-50 km per standard tank full. I will post up what changes there are if any.

Yeah thanks heaps for the write up rusty. I just did the purge on my 09 d22. I had been having some pretty bad knocking for the last 3-5000k's and was about to send it in to get the timing chain and injectors checked out. Gotta say, glad I did this first! Went from sounding like it had a bucket of bolts in the cylinders (kinda like a Toyota haha) to silky smooth like when I first bought it. Not sure why or how the injectors would have got that dirty so suddenly (I had changed the fuel filter just before it started being noisy) but I'm wrapped with this diesel purge stuff! I will be making it a part of my routine maintenance, maybe every second service or something.

Latest posts

Back