misses at high rpm

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
has somthing a little werid today. past a very slow vechile in a bit of a tight spot and noticed motor missed a bit half way through passing.
did a bit of testing later on and noticed it misses a bit when over 4000rpm. anyone else get that? is it fuel cut kicking in?

Ive had mine a bit past the red on the tacho (4500 I think) and no miss so Id say its not a fuel cut.

Check your spark plugs Tweake :wink:

LOL

mind you it was ratling a bit the other night. mayby one of the injectors is getting a bit sticky.
i usually never bother going over 4000 as power drops off quickly over 4000. mayby the ecu was having a heart attack ;)

I reckon mine has done the same thing on occasion but it's been so rare that I've never been sure that it was in fact a miss. It could very well be the pnp switch on the gearbox has had it, the fuel cut only operates when the engine is above 3,000 rpm and the gearbox is in neutral.

Of course if the switch tells the ECU it is in neutral while driving, the fuel cut will kick in, but the change of power on to power off may be enough to rattle the switch causing it to indicate to the ECU that it is no longer in neutral and the ECU will restore the fuel.

^ A YD25 yeah but not the ZD30.

Check your air filter and fuel filter.

Pull the ecu codes while your at it.

Dave.

i think your onto it there Dave. fuel filter was almost due for replacement anyway and i had a spare. so i changed it over this evening. (it had missed a bit at 3500 rpm today).

i couldn't blow through the old filter ! and there seamed to be some brown crap floating in the filter. also the filter medium itself looked like it was almost sucked out of the filter at the end.

looks like i picked up some crap somewhere. so off to get a few spare filters tomorrow. i'll check with local mechanics in case they have had a few vechiiles in latly.

I only buy fuel from 1 servo locally. If I ever have a bad batch I can go back and show them reciepts for the last 6 months.

Plus I only run mobil fuel through my ute.

Dave.

Any idea what the brown grunge is, I don't think it's the algae thing as that is black from what I've been told, might be worth putting some Chemtech Diesel Power injector cleaner through it for a few tanks to kill any algae in the tank in case that's what it is.

actually i just put some in (different brand, my other vehicle doesn't like the low sulphur diesel). that may have cleaned a bit of crap out of the tank. could have been the nail in the coffin but as i only use one servo they may have been getting low in the tank and sucked up some sludge. if thats the case other locals will have had the same problem.

Latest posts

Back