NP300 First Impressions?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$54,600 drive away with tow bar, mats, nudge bar, and bonnet protector.

The STX has more bling than Wildtrack but is much cheaper!

plus $200 extra for electric trailer brakes, the XLT Ranger was about $1400 less

but was a run out model with a lot less bling.

The ride on both were very different, the Ranger very stiff more like a truck, the Nav much nicer, I think the rear coil

springs make a noticeable difference.

Bloody hell. My St d40 was that much in 2011!! Haha

Thanks guys for your input.

I have had a D22 for the past 3 years, I personally love the car, does every thing I need it to do but . . . my wife has a bad back, and she finds he D22, even after I got a suspension kit put just a little to rough for her back, so usually can only spend 1 full day on the road and then 2 days camped to rest her back, not what you want when we both want to travel a little.

your comments about the ride comfort does give me a little hope about being able to buy a dual cab again. Will have to look at taking one for a test drive one day with the wife. But in the mean time, during the next twelve months or so the new D23 segment of the forum should provide some interesting reading.

Last edited:
Tonba you asked what I paid for mine.

Well over here in NZ the NP300 STX auto Retails for NZ$64,995 + ORC ($62,995 for manual).

My auto with towbar and wiring package, tuff deck liner, canopy, nudge bar, bonnet stone guard and rubber floor mats cost me $59,000 on the road.

They were really negotiable on the price, Ford were not.

I found that Nissan wanted to move cars.. Ford and VW seemed to like them sitting on the lot, well that was the impression I got! Lol

Tonba you asked what I paid for mine.

Well over here in NZ the NP300 STX auto Retails for NZ$64,995 + ORC ($62,995 for manual).

My auto with towbar and wiring package, tuff deck liner, canopy, nudge bar, bonnet stone guard and rubber floor mats cost me $59,000 on the road.

Wow! Awesome negotiation!

Thanks guys for your input.

I have had a D22 for the past 3 years, I personally love the car, does every thing I need it to do but . . . my wife has a bad back, and she finds he D22, even after I got a suspension kit put just a little to rough for her back, so usually can only spend 1 full day on the road and then 2 days camped to rest her back, not what you want when we both want to travel a little.

your comments about the ride comfort does give me a little hope about being able to buy a dual cab again. Will have to look at taking one for a test drive one day with the wife. But in the mean time, during the next twelve months or so the new D23 segment of the forum should provide some interesting reading.

At the end of the day it is still a duel cab, so it will still be utilitarian.

But to be honest, out of all I drove, the D23/NP300 was the least like ute. Although not the most dynamic (I found the amarok to be most dynamic), comfort wise I don't think any of the other makes are as comfy

Economy ranging from 5.9 l/100 km freeway to 7.3 l /100 km city driving ? Surely that's not possible, that's looking more like Toyota Prius territory.
Would love to see the D22 make a comeback with this new engine, as they've done in past.

The best I get around town is about 8.5 litres and highway about 7.5litres that's really babying it tho

I love my NP300 STX 4x4, I have about everything other than a lift( this will come). I got the full set up for about 61k

Gday all, have about 3000km on mine now (STX 4wd) and have no real issues which is great especially for a new released vehicle.
When we were test driving the other utes, the Ranger was by far the best on paper but it has very little comparable qualities to the Navara (for what we were after) .
The Navara drove like an SUV albeit the steering is a bit slow. But it is extremely comfortable and the new rear suspension is very good under no/low loads.
Havent tested it under load yet with my caravan so this will be interesting as my first impressions might have it struggling up hills or with big head winds.

My gripes - why is there no external temp sensor??? The head unit even has the set up for it.
Soft steering,
Smallish tray but still very useable.
A little rattly when you give it a bit of a boot but hey, its a diesel ute.
Those stupid child restraints. Who was the moron who thought of those.
Next to no space in the engine bay for a second battery setup.
Installing a uhf set, no decent place to mount the mic.

These complaints arent big ones but the rest of it is very good hence we bought it.

I love this new navara. I used to be on this forum with my d22 but went to a patrol and am very tempted to convert back when the dealer demos are around. Im gonna look at the st auto.

Also guys i saw on facebook willall racing already have a performance exhaust for it and tuned it to. 165kw and 520nm of torque.

How's the auto, are you able to hold it back in the gears without it running away like the 550?.

You can flick the lever to manually control the box but you know, i haven't even used this yet. The transmission is ok but when comparing it to my last 2 4wd with the 8 speed, its nothing flash. For me only time will tell if the 7 speed holds up with the strain of commercial work and towing.

I found that Nissan wanted to move cars.. Ford and VW seemed to like them sitting on the lot, well that was the impression I got! Lol

Wow! Awesome negotiation!

Nissan does want to move cars - new Navara is behind Hilux ,Ranger ,Triton and Colorado , selling just 750 units a month. Navara used to be number 2 behind Hilux for a while during D40 reign. Others are over 2000 mark.

Last edited:
Nissan does want to move cars - new Navara is behind Hilux ,Ranger ,Triton and Colorado , selling just 750 units a month. Navara used to be number 2 behind Hilux for a while during D40 reign. Others are over 2000 mark.

They might to start to claw that back with the new truck. It just trumps all in comfort!

I think it could do with some better quality shocks or sway bars though.. The VW Amarok beats it to being a more dynamic drive.

They might to start to claw that back with the new truck. It just trumps all in comfort!

I think it could do with some better quality shocks or sway bars though.. The VW Amarok beats it to being a more dynamic drive.

That is the new truck sales ! Hopefully they are going to improve on that .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back