Airtec vs Safari Snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. All.

anyone knows something about the installation of Airtec snorkel in D23?
I see the safari and it is a really headache, I dont want to move, ECU and many others things only to install a snorkel

The Safari is hands down a better unit! They move that stuff to keep it out of the way. I have one and I wouldn't even fit a TJM one if it were given to me.

Hey I have a Airtec and can't fault it. Installation is the same for both snorkels manufactures due to the location of the airbox. As Sammy said a lot of it is to keep everything out of the way when installing, the last thing you want to do is drill through your ecu.

Hey I have a Airtec and can't fault it. Installation is the same for both snorkels manufactures due to the location of the airbox. As Sammy said a lot of it is to keep everything out of the way when installing, the last thing you want to do is drill through your ecu.

You're right there. They do supply all the correct parts to move the ECU and the likes. Actually moves them a little higher to give you even better options to cross water :redcool:

Did you install it yourself or get it installed.

I am going to install mine in the next couple of days if I manage to get a few hours to myself.

I managed to get the few hours I needed to have a crack at installing my snorkel.
Ended up being a lot more than a few hours, but overall it is a relatively easy job to do.
I found cutting into the fender of a 6 month old ute a bit hard, but after cutting the hole out, the drilling was easy.
And the relocation of the ECU and other bits was easy and I like where they are all neatly out of the way.

Latest posts

Back