Engine idle adjustment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldie

Reaction score
Hi All
It's been a while since I asked a dumb question so , I thought I'd ask another one.
Now I spent a few hours looking thru the mongrel workshop manual and buggered if I can find it but, how do I adjust the engine idle revs ?
The old gal used to sit idle at the 750 mark on the tacho but it has dropped a bit under and it's making the exhaust knock against a cross member.
it's not a standard exhaust. if I put my foot on the accelerator a bit to up it to the 750 mark, the knock goes away.
Is it just a cable adjust or on the fuel injector pump ?
Cheers and Beers
Oldie

let the engine idle for 10 min (while warm). that should reset the throttle and may fix the idle issue.

thanks for the replies but the knocking is getting worse and the idling is rough now. if I remember correctly, disconnecting the battery will reset the ecu or is it the map/maf ??
the vehicle is getting old and it's one problem after another. now I got moisture inside a headlight assembly so gotta take it out and see if I can take the cover off the clean it or I'm up for a new assembly.
Woooo Hoooo ain't it fun 😁

How long since you last had it serviced? If its been a while, filters could be getting a bit average which wouldn't be helping.

How long since you last had it serviced? If its been a while, filters could be getting a bit average which wouldn't be helping.

Hi bods
All filters and engine oil was done last October but the old girl has only done about 2 or 3k Kms running around the metro since then. the oil is still clear which surprised me.
So I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and it's idling a bit better now even after a good run.
Any idea where the ECU is on the Nav. I think someone said it is under the dash some where.

Yeah to the left of the clutch pedal on top of the transmission tunnel. If you peel the carpet or vinyl back you will see it in there. It has a strap holding it in and is a bit of a pain to get out, there is a Bolt holding the strap in but I can't remember what size it is.

Latest posts

Back