Strange electrical issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottycumbo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a 08 stx diesel auto, just lately while driving, at random times the headlights will come on, the cruise control, a/c, dash blinker flashers and window wipers will stop working and occasionally the abs and handbrake light flashes. If driving at night ill lose high beam as well. If i pull up and turn off ute and restart it everything is fine. Its got me buggered, any ideas??

Welcome to the forum.

That's mad! All of those items are controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module). This bugger lives under your dash. If you've had water on it (submerging the vehicle, or a leak from the aircon unit or windscreen) there might be some corrosion/contamination of the terminals.

Unplug it (have your radio PIN handy) and plug it back in. Repeat 3-4 times to make sure the contacts are cleaned.

If that doesn't fix the problem, it could be a poor earth. If memory serves, the BCM earths at a different point under the dash to the instrument cluster (the instruments share an earth with the radio). Often we've heard of people upgrading their radio to find that the instrument panel isn't behaving.

Failing that, check the fuses next to the glove compartment. We had one person report that they had a dodgy fuse in there that caused odd problems with their body control module.

Welcome to the forum.

That's mad! All of those items are controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module). This bugger lives under your dash. If you've had water on it (submerging the vehicle, or a leak from the aircon unit or windscreen) there might be some corrosion/contamination of the terminals.

Unplug it (have your radio PIN handy) and plug it back in. Repeat 3-4 times to make sure the contacts are cleaned.

If that doesn't fix the problem, it could be a poor earth. If memory serves, the BCM earths at a different point under the dash to the instrument cluster (the instruments share an earth with the radio). Often we've heard of people upgrading their radio to find that the instrument panel isn't behaving.

Failing that, check the fuses next to the glove compartment. We had one person report that they had a dodgy fuse in there that caused odd problems with their body control module.
Thanks old tony, i will have a look with that tommorrow, i really appreciate it mate as i had no idea where to start. Cheers

Latest posts

Back