New Guy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wombleaw

Reaction score
Hi All

Am Interested in hearing the good and Bad about the Navara. Bit of Background. I will be upgrading from a 2016 Pajero and am looking at either a Y62 Patrol or the new N-Trek Warrior. Obviously two different vehicles especially power wise. I don't tow and it will be a daily with 4wd trips. Would be looking at a manual Navara as i prefer to change gears. Unfortunately nothing but utes now seem to come with a manual option. Looking to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

The major difference between the two is the cargo space. There are other differences:

* The Navara will not allow you to enjoy the aroma of the bags of dynamic lifter you've loaded in the back

* The Navara has a larger distance from rear axle to towball, so if you do decide to tow something heavy, you might need to use a weight distribution hitch "load leveller"

* Ramp-over might be greater on the Navara - distance from front to rear axle, so if you go over an obstacle, the Navara will drag its belly before the Patrol. This same issue increases the turning circle and the vehicle's stability at speed (short wheelbase = less stable at speed).

* Navara does come in a V8 turbo diesel but is known as a "Titan" and costs considerably more. The Patrol has a V8 version available for less $.

Hope that helps.

The Titan is the USA's answer to the F150/Toyota Tundra/Dodge RAM 2500/Chevy Silverado. It's not available through Nissan Australia, an importer brings them in and does the wrong-hand-drive to right-hand-drive conversion.

It looks like a D40 that's been to the same shop as Lance Armstrong.

Oh, sorry, he wasn't on steroids, but he's my hero, because he won 7 Tour de France events while on drugs, when I'm on drugs I can't even find my bloody bike!

Latest posts

Back