V9x rearmain oil seal fail

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluenav550

Reaction score
Hi guys I am new to the forum and wanted to know if any STX 550 owners have had a rearmain oil seal fail. I have had 3 fail in a row and am chasing any help??

Is your Nav completely standard?
Any mods?
Do you have a catch can?
How many kms?

Excessive blow by will cause crank case pressure build up. A faulty pcv valve on back of turbo and/or incorrect catch can will cause an issue like this.

Hi All,
i'm installing a catch can this weekend to my ST-X V6. It is a Flash Lube type. (Pro Vent / Mann Hummel knock off).
I'm just think ing about the position of the can. I intend to locate it at the front of the engine bay, off the radiator support. The top of the can will be about level with the top of the radiator support or slightly lower. It may be higher than the PCV valve.
Will this matter?
If the oil in the vapor can drain back to the PCV valve when no engine running does this cause a blockage risk to the function of the PCV valve and then subsequent engine crank pressure issues. Like to know before I plumb it all up.

Just reading your post on rear main seal leak I have same issue with excessive blow by out of oil cap. Would like to know if catch can install and pcv valve replacement solved the issue?

Latest posts

Back