Tony's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony d22

Reaction score
Starting to get the Nav built up so I thought I'd start this thread.

I brought a May built white D22 in early August 2011 and got thrown in,
Smoked bonnet Protector.
Rubber floor mats ( which have already worn through)
Nissan towbar (supplied only, installed the minute I got home)

Then the accessories started.

Extended the trailer plug using 3mm steel plate so it comes further towards the back, makes for an easier connection.
Got the windows tinted,
Nissan underlip tub liner.
Brought an orange fuel cap holder from Nissan for $1.25 which I think is form a Maxima or something, fit perfectly.

I had a rip stop tonnau cover made that clips on to the top of the tub.

I fitted black aluminium mesh to the lower radiator slot and the bonnet scoop, no more bugs or stone damage.

Fitted a Nissan snorkel.
Fitted Ironman under body protection.

Last edited:
Removed the side steps about a week ago ready for some custom sliders that I made. They're getting powder coated at the moment.
It looks quite good with no steps on.

Got the sliders back from the powder coaters today and wow what a finish.

Fitted them up and they look pretty good. They ended up closer to the body than I'd like them to with the cheq plate on.
Just got to get used to the angle now.
I can always cut and flatten the angle of them down later.

I was a little unhappy with the angle of the sliders and decided to flatten them down a little.
Took to them with a grinder until I was happy, removed them and then re welded.
Glad I did cause now they are more of a step but still have a slight angle upwards, much more practical and great car park protection from other peoples doors.

I have ordered a 2 inch Tough Dog lift and hopefully will get it installed by next Saturday.

I have already been on a couple of good days 4wdriving and am super impressed on how it went on standard suspension.
Very happy with its off road ability but have to do something with that rear bumper, always paranoid it was going to get damaged.

Yeah Scotty, I will have a go at the rear bar soon. I would like to incorporate the bar with the Nissan towbar instead of going a combo.
I just know it's a matter of time before it gets ripped off.
Just getting some ideas of what style first.

Last edited:
The Nav goes in today to get a Tough Dog lift.
I was told that they should get 48mm out of it.
Had a look at the rear springs and they are starting to invert already, shocking.

Just picked her up from the suspension being done and WOW, what a difference.
So much better, still a little firm but very pleased with it.

Just a couple of pics after the lift.
I got, from my measurements an average of 50mm in the front and 75mm on the rears.
Got to be happy with that.

This pic also shows my sliders after I flattened them out a bit.
Still angled up slightly but now can use them as a step.

Just fitted a pair of 9 inch DVD headrests, installed them so they are interchangeable with my wife's car depending on who's car the kids want to go away in.

Latest posts

Back