Newb needs help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therealmo

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
New D22 owner looking for the good oil on mods.
currently have a 2006 ST-R 3.0Tdi, located in Townsville North Queensland
All stock at the moment looking at putting some cash into it.
Safari Snorkel goes on next week
looking to throw a 2.5 Exhaust though her too
Primarily used to tow the boat and 4Bing away to camp up.

Looking for any good tips the forum may have in improving my off the mark towing power and fuel consumption. Any suggestions would be great thanks in advance.

Since you primarily use the car for towing, I'd look at doing the snorkel, suspension, and more importantly a chip, the 3.0 with a chip will make a fair bit more torque which will help with towing greatly.

I can recommend the Safari Dtronic, that's what I have on mine and it made a huge improvement in torque down low, adding the exhaust will also improve things a bit too, not as much as the chip does, but it all helps. See below for more info on the Dtronic.

Safari Automotive Technologies

If anyone mentions an increase in tyre size, don't do it, it kills torque, if you want to go bigger tyres do as I have done and run 2 sets of wheels, one set for towing, and another set for play.

I can't tell you if the snokel makes a difference to performance as mine already had the snorkel on it when I bought it.

Thanks shonky,
read small amounts about the chip, whats the cost like?
also suspension what would you recomend?

The Dtronic retails for $1495, but you might be able to bargain on price, I bought mine from ARB at a 4wd show special price of $1350, as for suspension, anything is an improvement over the stock suspension, I'm using Ironman gear and I'm happy with it, and the value for money is hard to beat.

2.5" exhaust will help a lot. i would do the exhaust before chipping it.

a decent catch can is a must.

either add a leaf or change the spring pack, the stock rear springs are weak as.

2.5" exhaust will help a lot. i would do the exhaust before chipping it.

Check out...

1. Ebay exhaust: Nissan Navara D22 3 Ltr 3" PERFORMANCE EXHAUST KIT - eBay Mufflers, Exhausts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 15-Dec-08 22:07:30 AEDST)

2. How to Install thread: http://www.navara.asia/navara-d22/57-3-d22-exhaust.html

This should also help u on your way, exhaust and chip dyno results.
Welcome to the Diesel-Tec.

a decent catch can is a must.

Try and get a baffled catch can or at the very least, stuff the catch can with some steel wool and/or a foam filter.

As for the suspension, heard EFS has some good gear @ reasonable prices, gonna put some of there shocks on mine after Xmas.

Hey mate I'm in Townsville aswell and yeah as shonky said buy a second set of tyres for 4bing it will be a lot nicer to drive all round. As for other mods how much cash are you planning on throwing at it? You can get a 3" suspension kit for around $2500, canopies will set you back another couple, then there is storage systems, dieselgas, intercoolers etc. I fitted a dual battery system up myself fairly cheaply which is always a good mod to start with to keep the fridge going and the beers cold.

Latest posts

Back