D22 lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve4wdin

Reaction score
Howdy all, I was out at arb penrith on wednesday discusing the possability of lifting the D22. ARB stated it can only lift about 30mm because of the torsion bar and airbags. Can I get some feed back please.

As you will see if you search the forums, there is indeed a realistic limit to how much you can lift the front end. It's not the torsion bars, it's the double wishbone suspension. Lift it more than 50mm and you have very limited wheel downtravel. Shave your bumpstops to increase travel at your own risk, you can exceed the operating limits of the CV joints this way. Don't bother getting ARB to lift the front end, they'll just increase the preload on the torsion bars which you can do yourself and they'll charge you a packet for it. Alternately they may fit heavier duty torsion bars, which are only really appropriate if you are increasing the load considerably on your front end with winches, bullbars, dual battery, etc.

Ive had a 3 inch suspension lift and 2 inch body lift ... had it done by cal offroad .. website is CalOffroad Home .. they change the upper control arms to extend the down travel so things dont break like cvs etc etc .. the ride after is awsome .. i had the whole lot done .. front and rear ... torsion bars .. everything .. and its been great ... its not cheap .. but it now carries all my heavy shit around no problems and still has plenty of travel in the suspension. There are varying opionions of the legality of the body lift .. but as far as i know it is legal .. my insurance company covers it .. but they only cover up to a 2 inch suspension lift + 2 inch body lift .. hence thats whats listed on my insurance ;) ..plus its all greasable now to :)

Cal off road does a 3inch lift with new upper control arms have a look at there gear not bad

Ive had a 3 inch suspension lift...
... they change the upper control arms to extend the down travel so things dont break like cvs

Actually increases the chance of CV's breaking!

Cal off road does a 3inch lift with new upper control arms have a look at there gear not bad

Pretty much calmini stuff imported from the states. (prices are bordering on rip-off)

Best way to get more lift from a D22 nav is to just wind up or re-index (just search, there's plenty of info) the standard torsion bars, or if you carrying some weight over the front (steel bullbar, winch etc) then an upgraded torsions would be the go. Leaving a 10-15mm gap between the upper A arm and the bumpstop (for downtravel). Usually gain around 40-60mm lift, depends on how much the std torsion bars have sagged

As for the rear there are 2 options (as i see it)

1. extended shackles (for more offroad bses usage)
2. New rear springs (the stock ones are s**t, load carrying)

Also check with Zordo (on this forum), as he supplies all suspension parts at great prices!

Latest posts

Back