What is similar to an ST-X 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04HUG

Reaction score
G'day

What NEW Vehicle currently on the market would you consider to be similar/equal to the ST-X 550?

Due to a series of events, I am now in need of a replacement Vehicle.

I guess a V6 Diesel Amorok would do the job if you were affluent enough to afford it and wanted all the associated codswallop that it comes with.

+1 the latest amorok is about the only one. plus side is it uses the detuned porche engine. probably quite a bit of potential for tuning.

I would have to say the same. Funny to write this just as our 550 gives the first trouble of it's life (EGR issues) but the Amarok is about it if you want big torque in a dual cab ute.

BUT, those I know who have had VW cars have had so much trouble with them that when out of warranty cost so much to fix that I did not even consider one when I leased my D23.

I don't think anyone that bought one would do anything much offroad. You would have to get it's belly up higher. Combined with it's rampover off the tar work would be very limited.

The 4-banger (Nissan-sourced engine) is expected early 2018 and the 6-banger (Mercedes engine) in mid 2018.

There's always a Titan. $140K, 5L V8 Cummins turbo diesel. You want power? This thing pulls harder than a room full of schoolboys. 230kW, 750Nm - stock. Blows the Hitlerwagen Amarok into the weeds.

G'day

My Insurance has to replace the XT-X 550 with something similar. I am curious as to what Nissan drivers would think is similar to the ST-X 550

The 550 is a bit unique. Only reason the Hitlerwagen has claimed top spot in power is because Nissan aren't shipping 550s now.

550s are hard to come by. Their nearest equivalent, sadly, is the Hitlerwagen. Ford/Mazda are close (and quite good with torque in the lower revs range) but they have the oil pump problem (which is funny as all hell, and a perfect reason to never, ever own one).

Isuzu in their wisdom tripled the chance of a fuel system failure by using 3 fuel pumps - a push pump in the tank, a lift pump and an injector pump. I'm sure the loudest sound at an Isuzu dealership isn't the spanners on the floor, but the ka-ching at the cash register.

For some reason the Colorado is just not in the race any more. Low rpm torque performance compared to the Ranga/BT50 just means it doesn't come close. Raw power from the Navara and Hitlerwagen is just hard to beat.

So what's similar? How about another 550?

Some shared parts, but more major differences than similarities
Navara np300 made in thailand
Mercedes xclass made in spain
If what i heard is correct, xclass is made in the same factory in spain where the Navara D40 STX and r51 pathfinder were made

Latest posts

Back