Air horn question.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends if you're someone who likes to lean on the horn or "toot".

I initially installed my stebel without the relay and all was fine until I had an "up your arse" outburst and leant on the horn for a solid blast.

Blew the fuse and since then it runs with a relay.

are air horns legal these days ? i remember a mate had his confiscated by police some years ago. i have a set of twin Hella horns on my rig and apparently there not legal due to the decible level there at [ over ].

are air horns legal these days ? i remember a mate had his confiscated by police some years ago. i have a set of twin Hella horns on my rig and apparently there not legal due to the decible level there at [ over ].

Lol oh shit.... I just fitted an air horn with a truck/train trumpet and was just coming here to find out if I had done the right thing in fitting a relay.. Turns out YES... brilliant, I didn't waste my time.. The add stated it's about 150db, I think they're right..not a real truck train trumpet but good enough... more like a footy siren lol

Lol you should hear this thing, heyyy it's to scare the roo's and cows as I travel out back ok..
I had one of those big boy things, don't like water at all...

Accidentally bumped the horn at a mates place the other day, yes I chuckled as he did the jump and mid air two step... yes I'm immature, but it's funny as done in the right place....

There's one bloke I know that actually has a full on train horn fitted, the bastard creeps the Ute into my mates factory roller door as your busy working under bonets etc and hits this thing... this thing vibrates the walls and roof..
Anyway, funny the first time, second time of hitting your head not so funny and your now pissed, he has been told and i mean told.. 3 time he did it all the mechanics opened up with sockets spanners and what ever was in thier hands at him, lol never did it again... there was about 4 to 5 mechanics just pelting this guys Ute, now that was funny as $#%@..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back