Titan swap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
prg have the kits on the website U can get radflo or saws. They also are able to supply the extra parts needed to finish the front changeover. As others have found out though, getting a hold of the guys at prg is nigh impossible. But it is very tempting.

cheers

stage 1

hey all,

just readjusted ride height on my stage one! looks good:rock:
need propper tires NOW (and an alignmentLOL)

Attachments

• 20140315_103407.jpg
    20140315_103407.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 20140315_112210.jpg
    20140315_112210.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 207
I've been looking at this for a while, Titan front swap with diff, control arms, axles and spindles. Rear Titan 08 diff with the big disc brakes and springs outside chassis. Titans use different stud pattern so that's why I'll use the spindles.
Fiberglass front and rear guards to cover the 3+ inches each side.
I have spoken to an engineer and he said the extra width is no problem since it's all off the shelf parts but will have to run some tests to check if it effects the cars handling and brakes.

Does anybody know what diffs and ratios the v9x runs?

Hi bandit,

no idea what ratios are on the V9x! or even if it is not already a m226 instead of a r180 as the engine is heavier/more powerful!!!! grrrr jealous though I have over 200hp on my YD25 a v6 is always nicer!!!
As for the front axle I would stick to the r180 if that is what you have, 4x4parts do have different ratio kits for it know I think 3.69 to 1 would be good. the other reason I would stick to the r180 is that you can find bits and pieces at the wreckers which i don't feel the same about the m226 (maybe newer patrol wagon?)... that's why i will probably go towards getting the cv axles...or longer cv joints
looks like we may have 2 titan swapped navara on this forum! just ordered my LCA, UCA's and axles and now fiddling around the shock possibilities....

Hi Bandit,

just realized I confused the diff numbers!!! the titan front is m205 not m226 (rear axle)!
sorry for that mistake...

I can't remember all the diff numbers off the top of my head but i want to use the complete titan diff, axles, spindles, hubs, brakes and rear diff as well so the wheel track matches the front as well as stud pattern.
I don't want to run spacers with 700Nm+ on 35's and i'll run the springs outside the chassis.
Haven't decided if I'll go spring under yet.

I'm into prerunners so not too many people on here will get it. It's going to be soft, low and wide with a stink load of travel... not your average australian off road car but I don't tow or carry anything other than a couple of bikes and maybe some camping gear. So It's going to be as soft as i can get it with Deavers on the back and King coilovers on the front. Tripe Bypass would be cool for the back but they are too darn noisy!
I have a few other tricks I want to do to it but I have to find out if they can be engineered... Might involve something to do with cantilevers, ride height/preload adjustability on the fly ;) I'll be working on that one for a while so it can bolt to a stock chassis and axle too and will solve some of the issues people are having with carrying loads.
It's all been postponed at the moment due to issues with the ex so it could be a while before I have anything to show you guys.

Hi bandit,

sounds like your going for a hell of a build!
i am keen on a prerunner/general offroad hence why the titan swap sounds good....
as for the axles I would rather ruin mine first before changing, same here budget as to be spread out like vegemite on toast:violin2: LOL
here are a few picutres of my stage one just to give you guys an idea!
the total chaos arms fitted like a charm, shocks were fairly easy (apart from the unthreading of the top)!!!
the jounce shock were a bit harder, started hacking the original bumpstop brackets just to realize they are larger than the frontier!!!! so had to completely cut them of and weld the new bracketx to the chassis!
a bit of a job!!!:deadhorse: especially I needed the car for the next day!

Attachments

• 20140304_170628.jpg
    20140304_170628.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 172
  • 20140304_170621.jpg
    20140304_170621.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 20140304_170617.jpg
    20140304_170617.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 20140305_083238.jpg
    20140305_083238.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 20140305_104725.jpg
    20140305_104725.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 161
rest of the pics:tazzy:

Attachments

• 20140305_133949.jpg
    20140305_133949.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 20140305_161411.jpg
    20140305_161411.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 20140305_161417.jpg
    20140305_161417.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 20140305_150331.jpg
    20140305_150331.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 165
3.133:1 if Nissan's catalogues are correct.

Tony was it you on here that had the ratio/tyre calculator? I'll should be able to legally run 35's but I'll only do it if I can get the ratio back to normal. I put 33's on my hilux and it was a bitch to drive and fuel economy took a dive!

Hi bandit,

yes those bumps are massive, the only reason I took them was that it was suppposed to be a cut drill and bolt job!!!:yeahright:
the good thing about them is you can adjust compression and rebound to some extent without taking them appart/adding nitrogen like others... but knowing all the work now standard FOA bumps would have been lots cheaper and just a little more complicated to install.
for the rear it's a 3 leaf AAL pack with bilstein 5125 shocks (need to modify the bumps brackest to install them)works really well and no more sagging!

as for the fenders I have a hard time making my mind up!!:bebored:
- Fiberwerx don't mind the fronts but the rears I find too much
- Polish kits really good in the sense they provide 105mm extra each side so titan swap + offset wheels) but the front doesn't look as good as the arctic truck but very cheap
- Arctic trucks or delta4x4 nice but way too expensive for me
- duraflex front bit cheaper than fiberwerx and then could get the polish rear....
what do plan on taking bandit?

Tony was it you on here that had the ratio/tyre calculator? I'll should be able to legally run 35's but I'll only do it if I can get the ratio back to normal. I put 33's on my hilux and it was a bitch to drive and fuel economy took a dive!

I don't have a calculator, I wrote a couple of spreadsheet formulae that does the trick.

Give me the tyre dimensions in the form width/profileRrimsize eg 255/70R16 and I'll have a much easier time of it than with imperial scale measurements that I just can't seem to grasp properly!

I don't have a calculator, I wrote a couple of spreadsheet formulae that does the trick.

Give me the tyre dimensions in the form width/profileRrimsize eg 255/70R16 and I'll have a much easier time of it than with imperial scale measurements that I just can't seem to grasp properly!
When I decide on what tyres I'll run I'll get the rolling diameter and have to work it out with you.

Hi bandit,

yes those bumps are massive, the only reason I took them was that it was suppposed to be a cut drill and bolt job!!!:yeahright:
the good thing about them is you can adjust compression and rebound to some extent without taking them appart/adding nitrogen like others... but knowing all the work now standard FOA bumps would have been lots cheaper and just a little more complicated to install.
for the rear it's a 3 leaf AAL pack with bilstein 5125 shocks (need to modify the bumps brackest to install them)works really well and no more sagging!

as for the fenders I have a hard time making my mind up!!:bebored:
- Fiberwerx don't mind the fronts but the rears I find too much
- Polish kits really good in the sense they provide 105mm extra each side so titan swap + offset wheels) but the front doesn't look as good as the arctic truck but very cheap
- Arctic trucks or delta4x4 nice but way too expensive for me
- duraflex front bit cheaper than fiberwerx and then could get the polish rear....
what do plan on taking bandit?
I'm going Fiberwerx Titan one piece and their rears.
I saw a Hilux with Arctic trucks flares on it here last week... it was the ugliest thing I have even seen!

thanks bandit,
the fiberwerx titan hood is nice but the shipping will probably be a killer!!!
as for the arctic truck fenders they look a lot better on the navara (the hilux looks like an odd truck to start with IMO:rofl2:)..
matthew2108's build up shows the arctic fenders don't look that bad on the truck!

Hi Bandit,
Just thought about it again, for your build if you are going to do all the fancy bit in the rear you may be better off getting the dirt king pack over the standard titan swap...
cheers

Latest posts

Back