D22 fuel pump problem?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingodaz

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a friends 2003 D22 Navara withe ZD30(et) engine that ran out of fuel,and after putting some fuel in and chenging the filter at the same time, then bleeding through,the engine will not start, ?
I am not sure why and i have been told it may need to have the computer reset.?
We have no way of getting it to a Nissan dearlership so we are working in the bush.
It has diesel to the pump , but when cranking over there is none at the injectors at the head,?
Any help would be most appreciated.. cheers

the ecu can be reset by disconnecting the battery and pumping the brakes a couple of times but otherwise i've never had a problem after bleeding the air all the way to the injector pump.

I did not change my fuel filter until it was as filthy as, bled all the injectors and still no go i had to bleed the pump as well

I'm having ssimilar issues right now. Nav is sitting in the front yard after an expensive tow. Ran short on diesel, put $20 worth in, no start. Diagnostic machine says "p3" "pump communication line error" have had a few people tell me it's probably not the pump but don't know if they are just trying to make me happy as I know that's just not cheap. Mechanic advised me there is a long list of things it could be but he would try finding an error between the pcu and pump first.
Has anyone had this error message come up with similar issues. I don't know a hole heap about cars but am a fair bit handy. I also learn fast and am always willing to give things a go myself. Just looking for some sort of direction. Cheers guys.

Sorry, forgot to add. It's a 2004 3ltr turbo diesel. Not sure how to bleed the injector lines. I'll look it up and get right on it. Have you ever heard or an error "p3" or " pump communication line error"

easiest way to prime the fuel system is to disconnect the fuel line just before the injection pump and pressurize the fuel tank with compressed air till fuel comes out. reconnect and start.

you can get to no1 injector easy enough. i think 17mm open ender fits in. loosen it slightly, crank engine with throttle hard down. once fuel squirts out, stop, tighten and restart. it will fire crap for a sec till the other injectors start.

Problem with Fuel Pump

Hi Rumpig,
My D22 (2006 model - TD27) got a problem.
I have to manually pump fuel before starting the engine because the pump is not working or there is no power supply to the pump. Fuel is not going into the engine for combustion process. After the fuel I manually pump into the engine finishes, the engine cuts off even while I'm driving.

Sorry am not a mechanic.... PLEASE HELP ME with some information.

Thankyou muchly!!!
Kupa

Latest posts

Back