Hi from not so sunny England

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to this site. I've got an np300 tekna double cab. I've previously had a d40. Locking to get advice on mods.

Cheers

Trip

Best mod. Lift it up really high, drive a Toyota where it used to be, then discard.

Just joking! lol. (and have no real practical knowledge of that model).

ps. Welcome and hi.

Last edited:
Haha! Yes a Toyota is a good investment if you're worried about all that horsepower. Was explaining to my boy about what the tow plug on the back of my motorbike is for, and we were parked right near a 'Lux. I couldn't help myself - I said "look, it's the same as you can see there on that Toyota, it's just that the Toyota can't tow as much."

Seriously, welcome to the forum.

Mods will depend on what you want to do with the car. If sand is your thing you'll want to keep it light. If towing is on your mind, consider upgrading the suspension so the rear uses dual rate springs. For the tougher off-road stuff, a decent lift, rock sliders and lockers front and rear are nearly essential, along with a roof rack that will carry a high lift jack, long handled shovel and some MaxTraxx or equivalent.

If you want to do some light off-road camping, you should consider a canopy with a dual battery system inside and a solar panel (either permanently fixed to the roof like mine, or a portable one you can sit out in the sun). A fridge, portable butane stove, water container and a roof bag for the extra bits that don't fit downstairs will get you close to the mark. Consider a roof-top tent as the ultimate in safety - very little chance of snakes or funnel webs entering (but in sunny England I guess you don't have many of either, we have tons of the buggers here in Aus).

Haha! Yes a Toyota is a good investment if you're worried about all that horsepower. Was explaining to my boy about what the tow plug on the back of my motorbike is for, and we were parked right near a 'Lux. I couldn't help myself - I said "look, it's the same as you can see there on that Toyota, it's just that the Toyota can't tow as much."

The price is a stopper for many to begin with lol.

Trip. Is yours the new twin turbo one Trip? Auto or manual? How does it go (good, I'm guessing)?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back