D40 Speedo and tacho goes backwards after ignition off. Am I the only one? šŸ¤£

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deano78

Reaction score
Hey fellow Nav owners.

I've noticed something strange on my 2011 ST D40 (YD25) on my speedo once ignition is turned off

Perhaps it is normal, I saw it in corner of my eye today and throught I was going mad.

here is what I see:

-Turn off the car, engine running
-Ensure ignition is completely off
-Watch the Tacho, and Speedometer guage carefuly, between 30-60 seconds and see what happens!!
-Mine, drops below 0, and then comes back again. Almost every time after I turn off the car.

Anyone else out there have this strange event happen in their D40ā€™s ? Found it quite amusing šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I have attached photos to show how it looks before and after it happens

3dca4371d23f80067d7d3a4768055469.jpg

b9da94f2a36457d0c167e2d30a1dcf97.jpg

Sean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As far as I know that is pretty normal. They are driven by stepper motors and that is the system finding/confirming the zero position.

Yep my 07 stx does the same thing

I thought i was losing my mind too, kept seeing it out of the corner of my eye but when i looked closely they were back on 0

Bluester is right it's the electronics resetting to Zero position

In the 550 is it even more obvious, the instruments all move to a parked position on shutdown, all pointed straight down. They stay there until you turn the key on again. It does achieve the same goal of calling the pointer but it is more a fashion item in the 550 being "Parked"

Latest posts

Back