Series 7 Navigation TTD issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adub31

Reaction score
Hi All,
Im wondering if anyone has heard of this issue with the D40 Series 7...

My navigation system seems to almost double the time it thinks its going to take me to drive anywhere...

Eg There is a regular stretch of road I drive which takes exactly 2 hours (all Highway) but my nav will tell me it will take a bit over 4 to do the same trip, the navigation path is the same as any other GPS...

Another would be a drive I recently did from Adelaide to Sydney, a drive that took 13 hours, but my GPS told me it was going to take upwards of 25 hours... there is obviously an issue here.

I have taken in and they have "reinitialized" the nav system but its still no good.

I have manually entered the average speeds for each road type, I doubled everything thinking this would half my travel time... it almost did but I am unable to double all speeds due to system restrictions. (150km/h being the max)

I haven't found anything similar on google so im thinking this could be an isolated issue.

Thanks

Just drove back to Queensland in back in my series 7. I didn't even realise I could set the speeds, I'm gonna go fix that because the default settings are stupid!

Just drove back to Queensland in back in my series 7. I didn't even realise I could set the speeds, I'm gonna go fix that because the default settings are stupid!

I think its stupid that it even uses pre set speeds.. whats wrong with a GPS/speed like the cheapest of phones and GPS units can do

I guess it's all about prediction. Because you'll drive at different speeds on different roads, but it wants to give you a predicted arrival time before you leave. It'd be good if it were adaptive or something though

I guess it's all about prediction. Because you'll drive at different speeds on different roads, but it wants to give you a predicted arrival time before you leave. It'd be good if it were adaptive or something though

With my original post it couldn't even be a prediction... doubling my ETA time isn't even remotely useful.... I guess I was just wondering if anyone else with a S7 has noticed it or I should keep pressing the dealer to have it fixed.... its kinda pointless when I still need to have my phone running maps to give me an ETA.

Cheers

Well I've gone and changed my average speeds and the other day I used navigation and it actually underestimated my half hour trip trip by two minutes and that was in low traffic. So maybe yours has a problem

From memory when I picked up my S7 from Sydney and drove it back to Canberra either the estimated time of arrival, or estimated drive time was out. Whatever the figure is displayed up in the top right corner.
Yet to play much with the navigation settings/parameters.

Took my s7 D40 in today for it's first service, and they updated my maps etc. Maybe next service ask and see if they'll do yours, may just need a tickle?

Took my s7 D40 in today for it's first service, and they updated my maps etc. Maybe next service ask and see if they'll do yours, may just need a tickle?
Sorry to revive an old thread but do you know what version your maps are on now rexhunta? Want to compare it against mine and see if Nissan updated mine last service. Thanks

Latest posts

Back