The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delivery varies from dealer to dealer, Lillydale Nissan tried to tell me 12 months ago their delivery was $980, according to my receipt I eventually paid $470, both figures are equally as stupid and not based on anything that can't be changed at will by any dealer.

Stamp Duty is based on the final figure including any extras you add (it can be done without the extras being added but that's up to the dealer and not all of them care enough to do it)

Rego while different in every state shouldn't change between local dealers.

CTP will probably also be different in each state but not something they should screw around with too much.

The LCT as you say is also a set percentage so that should be a mandated figure based on the total worth of the car but I'm sure it's worked out after the extras are added and not on the base price.

So barring any government increases (which most dealers should know about with 3 months notice) there is still the potential for on roads to increase quite a bit depending on the final price actually being $61K and the extras added to the car at the time of delivery.

I was considering tossing the 4cyl in for the 6, but I'm fairly happy with the power and economy of the car that I have.

I didn't buy a diesel so I could drag Commodores. All I need to be able to do is tow my caravan and recover the occasional Hilux. So far, I'm happy with my vehicle's performance - enough so that I couldn't justify the additional expense of the V6.

A lotto win would change that, as you'd expect - but then there would be a lot of acquisitions I'd make "on a whim".

Ditto for me Tony. !:rock:

Wonder how they are getting away with the non on road price. National laws changed a while back and one of the (Apparently unintended) impacts was that advertised prices for cars have to be "Drive away" prices. That would be why Nissan's website wants a postcode in the pricing pages, it lets them pick up which state you are in to apply the right state based costs for rego, third party and taxes. Others like Holden just removed prices from the website.

I thought that if you pipped the luxury car tax you got pinged the tax on the whole price of the car.

I thought the laws about on road pricing changed too but I wasn't sure and I thought it only applied to "advertised" prices which is one way to get around it given that there is no ads for these things yet, either way it should be clearly stated as whether it's paid or not, they can't just ignore it.

Nissan went along the roads of no pricing on their website for a while last year too because they couldn't work out the best way to show how every dealer has a different price but it appears they ended up working that out.

When I took Delivery of my ST-X on Saturday the sales guy had all the paper work for the 550, They expect to see them around May 2011 and expect them to be around $64,000

They are taking orders for May now? I thought people were saying Jan/Feb. I reckon anyone who signs on the line now for a car that far in advance is stupid but that's just me.

Not sure about taking orders, I think he meant he will see them on the showroom floor around May??

He also mentioned the next series Patrol is due in 2013 along with a new Tiida. The patrol is expected to have an all new diesel so not much hope of the V6 appearing in that...

What about the Tiida can I get a V6 in that?

Still I'm not overly suprised when I went looking for my Nav there was about 3 dealers in Victoria who actually had stock or demos they could show off, the rest of them had cars that were 12 months old. Oh well be interesting times for those who are waiting, in nearly 6 months they could change just about anything.

Exactly the same situation with me, the Navara accounts for 50% of their dealer sales he was saying.

V6 Tiida? LOL If only it came with a VR38DETT

50%? then Lux's must make up 90% of Toyota sales since the difference between Nissans and Toyotas sales per month is so large.

I know some dealers sell more 4wd's than others but I can't see Nav' being 50% of their sales.

According to VFACTS for March 2010

Top 10 cars - March

1. Holden Commodore 4209
2. Toyota HiLux 3935
3. Hyundai i30 3678
4. Mazda3 3562
5. Toyota Corolla 3555
6. Ford Falcon 2496
7. Mitsubishi Lancer 2245
8. Nissan Navara 2154
9. Holden Cruze 2125
10. Toyota Yaris 2114

Top Ten brands (March)

1. Toyota 20,306
2. Holden 11,795
3. Ford 8092
4. Hyundai 7797
5. Mazda 7453
6. Nissan 6558
7. Mitsubishi 5556
8. Honda 4153
9. Subaru 3679
10. Volkswagen 3034

Quick maths shows that to be maybe a third not a half, but the Nav is still their highest seller which I'm suprised at it never used to be. Doubt a $60K + price tag is going to improve that positioning though.

LOL ok fair enough, but he was talking about where he works I think, not Nissan in general

yeah but that navara figure will include the d22.. which is why the brought it back into the lineup that way they have the work ute/dont give a shit sector covered aswell as the higher end hair dressers.

Doesnt suprise me the nav is there highest seller, what else would you have thought?

I was reading today that ute sales are approaching the highest selling segment of the market

Still got me screwed why Nissan would bring in this truck with it so plain. No upgraded interior. No protector door moulds.
Powder coating the sports bar woohoo wonder who thought of that first but its still the same el cheapo weak bar just black.
Personally I like the roof bars but hey I have a use for them and honestly most dont.
Maybe some dealerships will do up special models with wheels and trim.
Nissan still doesnt give us the luxury models they get in Britain and there doesnt seem to be any logical reason why.

I say be thank full they are finally offering a decent engine, hopefully it will set a precedent that other makes have to follow.

I'll probably wait til April, mine will be 2yrs old then, and then trade up, need the dual cab now as we have a mini-me, hopefully the rush will be over and i'll have chance to do some research, also will coinside with my 30th so might help with the missus problem

Hi Fella's

When to Sydney motor show today.Not as good as when it was at the Sydney Showground.Must admit that the show girls-models were pretty good on the eyes :big_smile:
Spoke to the Nissan about the new Navara/Pathfinder,they said the Navara should be available from December and Pathfinder from late January.
Cost STX Navara $61000 plus on road cost.Pathfinder TI $75000 plus on road cost.Nissan Dealers should have info on them from mid November.Only 7speed auto available for STX and TI,they are not sure when a manual box will be available,Maybe mid 2011.:rant:
They are manufactured in Spain.
Would I buy one?Not sure.If I did Iwould have to go and buy a hairdryer to join all the other d40 onwers.:sarcastic:

Shane :cheers!:

Latest posts

Back