Headlight upgrade required, please advise.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried HID's in the headlights. I found they wouldn't focus the beam properly, and the grey roos matched the green roadside. I've seen LED headlights with similar problems.

What I did to improve low and high beam was get rid of cheapy globes and put in a pair of night breakers.
Then I replaced the old wiring loom by using relays, (similar to spotties). The bigger, newer wire made a huge difference.
Now my low beam is the correct shape, and it no longer looks dark when I dip down from High beam.

Hey guys,

I installed the Phillips 180Watt Led headlight upgrade and my deivers side light is blinding everyone as i keep getting flashed. I have adjusted the lights and still no good, my question is have i installed the light the wrong way or could it be the reflector?

Thanks

If the LED emitter isn't in the correct position, the reflector (designed for a halogen bulb) will be scattering light just the same as if you were using HID. There are two possible fixes (which allow you to use your headlights, you have the option of not using them at all). First, change the reflectors and/or get lenses for the lights, or second - go back to halogen.

I'd suggest a HID housing would suit the task (you need both the reflector and the lens).

If the LED emitter isn't in the correct position, the reflector (designed for a halogen bulb) will be scattering light just the same as if you were using HID. There are two possible fixes (which allow you to use your headlights, you have the option of not using them at all). First, change the reflectors and/or get lenses for the lights, or second - go back to halogen.

I'd suggest a HID housing would suit the task (you need both the reflector and the lens).

Thanks mate

Ok so I have decided to flick the led lights I have. I'm not sure what to replace them with, do I go with
Narva blue 110 plus or Osram night breaker.

Looking for a recommendation from you blokes running these.

Thanks

I went the Philips Plus 130, 10% more light than the best Narva globes and still 60/55W. I do also have 2x130W halogen driving lights, 2x40W LED light bars and 1x120W LED light bar as well. Not much escapes my attention with all that turned on, although I've been considering adding 2x75W HID and 2x100W HID lights to the mix as well, because the roos we've encountered on the outback highways have only been medium-rare by the time we reach them and I prefer my steaks well done.

Osram Nightbreakers halogen bulbs claiming +110% more lights are pretty popular in europe and they are also made in Germany so they are quality also. i have them for like 3 years now on the car and they havent played up or burnt. if they died i will buy the same again (around 20 euro for a pair of H4, did my fog lights and side lights also W5W)

If your in perth I can do a bit xenon retrofit into your existing headlights

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wouldnt say illegal if you aim your cut offs correctly I do all this in house. If you don't aim them properly yes you will get flashed . I never get flashed . Bi xenon projectors are the only way to go led you won't get much distance and just a normal hid kit will not work properly you will get light scatter because your halogen reflector is not really designed for it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back