How long have you been at your current job?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how long have you been at your current job?

• less than a year

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • 1-2 years

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • 2-3 years

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • 3-4 years

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • 5 or more years

Votes: 62 69.7%

• Total voters
Yeah back's ok, still not 100% but. Been doing the service truck, driving around fueling up the machines and checking the oils

Theoretically my longest position was self employed for about twenty six years, but that was really various IT "contracts". I'm not made for just being a cog in a system, but need challenges.

I decided over 40 years ago that I wasn't going for no gold watch, but would rather have a varied and interesting life. Unfortunately the really interesting jobs are not that financially rewarding. As some one counselled; "Great lifestyle, but lousy career", so I went into IT.

We have also structured our lives so we've never been forced to stay at a "job". Sometime it just evolves to be routine and doesn't need someone of my skills. Sometimes I realised this wasn't the job that you thought it might be(wrong questions at the interview) or definitely isn't what you were told it was going to be. Sometimes I've had great managers/team and was sad when the contract finally ended and other times "Well, if you're not happy, then I can pack my bags and be out in 5 minutes OK?"

The result has been that we have a broad education, our house(paid off), an investment property(paid off), the Nav(paid for), a workshop or two or three and are now people of leisure.

Changing contracts in a few weeks, so Ill still be doing the same job but for a different company.

But I am a contractor, so its bound to happen.

did boilermaking for 25 years but have been driving freight trains for the last 6. been with current employer for 15 years

Milk Industry going into 10th year, started on floor in coldroom picking orders, production planner, and now production co-ordinator
Fantastic group of people,

Been driving these things for 33 + years

Attachments

• 001 (4).jpg
    001 (4).jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 42
Air con mech for 15 yrs
Machinery operator for 10 yrs
Currently a '' house hubby''
( housework sux, easy but boring)

Last edited:
Self employed 18 years and loving it. Qualified in small engines after 15 years prior, also have a crane licence and part time counsellor for troubled people. Never again will I work for a large company the cover-ups and shafting if you have an issue is total crap.

Been trucking since 2001. Still sort of trucking but off the highway, been with Toll mining in Central Queensland and couldn't be better. Yeah it might get boring as bat shit and not earn as much but it's even time roster and if you work it out I only work 5 months a year!

I've done production loading and also the service truck but now I scored a cream job doing coal haul out at one of our sites.

Gross 295t with a 185t payload. And for you other truck drivers out there, we don't have any of those crappy environmentally friendly motors! Gen II signature 620!
ehygabun.jpg

Self employed for 2 years as a communications contractor. Current contract is to a large ISP doing ADSL faults. Previous to this worked for another medium sized ISP doing various tasks and supervising.

Latest posts

Back