How cold is your fridge?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjwooly

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering how cold your fridge is at maximum setting.I have just fitted a new battery to my engel 45 temp guage ( I know they are not super accurate) because my father in law said it don't work.

It is running at around -2.7 degrees C.
I thought it would be colder than that.

It has no bag and sits in the shed running fulltime.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Camping stuff 003.jpg
    Camping stuff 003.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Camping stuff 001.jpg
    Camping stuff 001.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 127
I see ya using the arkpak battery box same as me and I use a 100ah AGM battery.
my fridge sits in the loungeroom (I'm getting lazy) has been set at 2C, the beer ain't too bad but could be colder. the fridge has a cover but it's not the best.
I think to get it cold and keep milk or some meat for more than a few days I would have to knock it down to less than minus. Haven't tried that yet.
JMO, but if it's out in the garage without an insulated cover and it's reading -2.7, I'd say knock the temp down more if you can.
Or maybe get an independent internal temp gauge without having to rewire the fridge.
The thing you have to realise is, they aren't a replacement for a full sized kitchen fridge/freeazer.

The wording on the fridge label says it all. It's only a guide, not a true reading.

Attachments

• engel.JPG
    engel.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 102
See my post in the Ironman fridge thread. My Ironman/Stirling/Cenco fridge was set on 4 degrees for the two weeks after Christmas. Beer was cold, soft drink half frozen.

Latest posts

Back