Stereo Wiring Plugs D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Styles87

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I have had an interesting afternoon attempting to install my pioneer headunit into my Spanish 2013 D40.

I purchased a wiring harness along with the steering wheel controls. I can get the headunit to work however not the steering wheel controls, i have tried wiring it a couple of different ways from the instructions on the website (USA so i tried wiring 2 wires for frontier and pathfinder) however that didn't work.

When i unplugged the stereo there is the main plug, the usb/aux plug and another smaller plug with approx 4-5 wires into it, can anyone tell me what the plug is for? Just wondering if it is something to do with the steering wheel controls.

stereowiring.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

I serm to begetting a bit closer to getting it all working however still having issues with the steering wheel controls....has anyone with a d40 installed the ASWC1 control adapter? If so do you remember what wires you used or have the correct stereo wiring diagram for a 2013 D40?

If that connector has just 2 wires (light green, and blue) it will be the CAN bus connector. Your steering wheel controls should be on the main connector pin 6 (key 1), pin 16 (key 2), and pin 15 (strg sw grnd). You can check this by connecting a multimeter (set to ohms) across those pins and watch the resistance values change as you depress the steering wheel keys. When I connected mine I used an Aerpro adapter that had pigtails on these pins to connect the corresponding head unit wires.

The wiring diagram should be very similar if not identical to the 2013 Pathfinder. You can download the AV section from here: 2013 Nissan Pathfinder - Audio Visual System

Cheers,
Allan

Last edited:
When I connected mine I used an Aerpro adapter that had pigtails on these pins to connect the corresponding head unit wires.

Cheers,
Allan

G'day Allan,

Do you happen to recall the Aerpro model harness that you used? I'm having difficulty finding one that includes pins 6, 15 & 16 without also including an expensive control module. My new headunit has SWC learning so all I need are the pigtails you described.

Cheers
DG

OP,

The plug that you have an arrow pointing in your photo to is likely to be the AUX port input. My 2011 has a different shape plug but similarly has only 5 or 6 wires to it. I confirmed 4 of them are the AUX headphone-style jack and I'm fashioning my own harness to run it to my new headunit so I can continue using the factory fit jack.

Cheers
DG

Hi DG,

Just looked on the Aerpro site pretty sure the adapter I used was APP091 (Iso harness to subaru), although the picture on the website doesn't appear to have the extra pins. If this is the case you may need to get the bluetooth bypass plug APNIBT to scavenge the three extra pins you require. Alternatively you can just splice the wires into the factory harness just behind the plug.

Cheers,
Allan

Thanks Allan,

I've looked at APP091 and it indeed is missing the crucial SWC pins.
I've found a Subaru place in the States that does the harness with all the pins I need but they charge a bomb for international shipping.
Interesting idea to cannibalise pins from the bluetooth bypass plug. I'm gonna slot that idea into plan B because I've tried pin transplant before and I'm obviously no micro-surgeon.
Plan A is to use the Aerpro Nissan T-harness (CT10NS05). It's purpose is to go from factory harness to factory headunit and connect something in between. Therefore it must have all the wiring in order to pass-through all factory functionality, including SWC and Illum (which often seems to be missing in the ISO connectors). I'm yet to confirm my assumption because I haven't seen one yet, but SURELY it retains factory-factory functions!

The plan is to cut the male plug off the T-harness (making it a Nissan 20-pin bare-wire harness) and frankenstein my own harness out of it and the supplied Kenwood bare-wire harness.

UPDATE: Aerpro just got back to me and confirmed that the T-harness is fully pinned-out from end to end. They conceded that monstering a T-harness is the best solution for self-learning SWC headunits. They have no corresponding product to fill that niche..

I'm also frankensteining some connectors so that I can continue to use the factory microphone and factory AUX port. I've identified the AUX wires no problems so that one should be easy and I've FOUND the microphone wires but haven't ID'd them yet. There's three wires (white, black, black/silver) but I need to convert them to just 2 for a standard microphone jack. That's future-me's problem...

Cheerio, thanks for getting back to me.

DG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back