Spanish 2012 Navara ST - where is the Bluetooth module?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsch993

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've looked everywhere in the car for this Bluetooth module, including under both driver and passenger seats, near the steering column, and in the kick panels. I can't find it. Any idea where it is?

Thanks

I would have said inbuilt into the stereo.
When taking calls it should mute the audio?
What are you trying to achieve?

To connect your phone right?
Or for bluetooth dongle for checking codes and the like?

Nope, aftermarket head unit.
Most every ISO harness has a Bluetooth bypass so that the phone button on the steering wheel will continue to work. They suggest the Bluetooth module is under the driver's seat, passengers seat, or behind the glovebox. I cannot find it

My thought again would be the phone button on the wheel would have a wire going to the stereo. I helped my sister install a head unit in her Toyota and an extra loom was supplied to keep the wheel controls working. I'm sorry but I'll be no more help on the situation

I can't get these stupid buttons to work unless I find it. It seems nobody has ever found it, maybe it doesn't exist?

With my head unit I can't get any of these controls to function correctly using the steering wheel buttons and the guy who sold me the loom says it's because I haven't located the Bluetooth module. I'm not sure why that stops the original volume buttons from working whatsoever.

I have a 2012 ST with aftermarket head unit. What you are looking for is part of the head unit. You need an adapter to get the buttons to work. I originally replaced my factory unit with a unit from Eonon and it had full support for the steering wheel controls, plug and play. I recently upgraded to a Kenwood unit and had to purchase an adapter. I don't remember the brand right now but I will look it up and post shortly. I tried using the instructions to get it to work but after a week of trying everything I went to Autobarn and the pointed me to this box. Everything works except I can't hang up the phone from steering wheel, no biggie as I can from head unit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

www.pac-audio.com. You need to use a resistor. My unit had it already soldered to the wire. Pretty easy to install. They make several models. It works pretty well once you program it, instruction on their website. One of the things I was worried about was it was a bit laggy at first. Then I kept using it and it seems to figure out the sequence or something after a few days it is a fast as the original controls. It works a charm and I am now able to use any aftermarket head unit if I decide to change.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You've essentially the same thing I have, I have a SWC adapter by connects2 and I've used it before in many cars. However, regarding the Bluetooth being in the module, that's incorrect, the reason your phone button doesn't work is because you haven't bypassed your Bluetooth module from the previous head unit. The phone button directly links to the Bluetooth module.

My issue seems to be I have the wrong steering wheel control adapter.

Ok so I'm about to tear my hair out. Has anyone here with a Spanish D40 with the below head unit pictured ever successfully used a steering wheel control adapter, and if so, which one?

IMG_2154.jpg

I've used a pioneer unit with the aepro harness. Only buttons that don't work are pick up and hang up.

Hated it at first now I'm used to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I've fixed it. The seller was no help and insisted I had a Bluetooth module. Turns out the Navara with the head unit I posted above do NOT have a Bluetooth module and it is actually inside the head unit - because my phone button now works and I didn't use the bypass.

I actually cut off the steering control interface box they provided me, and tapped into Pin 16, 6 and 17 (I think) on the original Nissan loom.
One is Steering 1, another Steering 2, the last is Steering Ground. Basically it's an analogue system that uses different voltages to communicate the button being pressed. My JVC (a KW-V820BT) has a 'self learn' feature where it can translate original car steering wheel controls and learn them. You can program each button to do something else. It also came with a 3.5mm jack SWC remote loom.
I plugged it in and it works! Every button :)

Ive been trying to find the answer to this question for about 2 weeks, google, youtube, auto shops no one knew anything except the mystery bluetooth module, think I was lucky so thought id share and hope it helps some people. I have a nissan navara st 2012 d40 with a pioneer touch screen stereo, the bluetooth phone works well on the stereo but the steering wheel controls didnt, everything pointed to a plug used as a jumper (bluetooth bypass) after purchasing it I found no plug under any seat, or behind the glove box or the dash I couldnt find any plug it would fit? turns out the stereo has a built in bypass and its not a new stereo so yours might be the same. basically stumbled onto a clip spoken in a different language but the video helped, clicked the arrow down and pressed SOURCE OFF then clicked the setting cog and then the tool icon then scroll down and the steering wheel controller is now lit up, press it, select no module if you didnt add one then Japanese or Korea (can change later if you havent got the right one, click on screen an icon and match on your steering wheel for 1 second, follow the rest of the prompts and push X to leave. anyway hope this helped some with the problem :)

Nope, aftermarket head unit.
Most every ISO harness has a Bluetooth bypass so that the phone button on the steering wheel will continue to work. They suggest the Bluetooth module is under the driver's seat, passengers seat, or behind the glovebox. I cannot find it
If the original radio has a phone button on it on you don't need the module bypass according to Aepro

Latest posts

Back