What GPS are you using ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Pete vms is good no need for iPhone reception I'm using mine on an iPad (bigger screen) and you get all the toppo and greggorys maps with the initial download then theirs a fair few supplementary maps you can buy for a couple of bucks each. Works just as good on an iPhone all be it a little small :)

Cheers
Matt

Noworries, so it works like a normal GPS then? Was that VMS mud maps you downloaded then, or did you get the full VMS map one?

Pete

Peteyen86 said:
Noworries, so it works like a normal GPS then? Was that VMS mud maps you downloaded then, or did you get the full VMS map one?

Pete

Yeah Pete got the full biffo am able to record track logs too.

about 700-800mb as it included everything, maps, 3d terrain , and also the TTS voices which are near 500mb just for that folder. i'll pm you later tonight

Ok ta, at this stage I'm only looking at road maps as I have a collection of 4wd maps I don't really use but I'm interested in the interface since Garmin PC is such an annoying program to work with.

I'm hoping to just find a snazzy little user friendly interface and run the maps off SD card, if it comes with road maps all good but if not I do have some 2010 road maps.

They look promising, it's about time VMS came out with something under $800, if I hadn't already spent $400 on my 10 inch tablet I may have considered something like that. The VMS stuff is usually quite good in all aspects other than price.

I've been using the iPhone 4 or iPad 2 with Metroview for on-road.. it rarely puts a foot wrong. I'm looking at getting VMS for the iPad 2 when we start to do some off road adventures in our Nav.

Garmin nuvi 1490 and garmins aus topo on sd card, Every track i,ve been on in the wombat sf has been on it so far

Hi,can anyone help with some info on a speed puck as the new d22 speedo reads 10kms out,would be greatful for any ideas.thanks Bill

VMS Touring 7500, had it for few years now, maps are woefully out of date. Still a good unit though

Garmin GPSMap 62st with SD card. soon with laptop on board! ToPoChile 24k on SD

greetings!!

We run a HN6 & a Tom Tom. Both aren't cheap to update, Wayne pays about $100 pa to computer upgrade Tommo. I haven't had to update the Hema yet, first year free, not cheap thereafter, but a damn good unit to run once orientated to how it all works, which is quite complicated but gets easier & more familiar with frequent use

I just got my HN5i back from Hema today. At their suggestion I returned it under warranty because it developed an annoying but intermittent vibration. Like in the Supercheap ad, the noise was $hitting me.

Anyway they replaced the speaker and installed all available updates. While I haven't tested it in the car, their attitude is great.

Just gave my new Garmin Montana 650T a workout down at Sundown NP.... Best of everything that suits me.... Upload/Download different tracklogs, change colours of the different tracklogs; seamless mapping whether you're on or offroad; built-in 5M camera; Birdseye option; Great for hiking, etc, etc

I got the TomTom XL
was a great unit initially, but now gives me really rediculous directions, way way off track back roads - like when I was travelling from Orange to Dubbo, I was already on the Mitchell Hwy, but it sent me on this little back road and after about 9k's I said that's it, turned it off and followed the signs.
A map "update" for it is $40, but new maps are $80 - I'll be putting the money to a new non-TomTom device.

You can update the XL for free if you look around web[wont mention site as it may upset mods]both operating sys & maps.Hugh

Latest posts

Back