TJM CAIRNS 1st class service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JASON-D40

Reaction score
I don't usually plug to many businesses due to the fact that someone always has something bad to say and threads normally get off topic.

Story is I loaded the nav and camper and headed off from brisbane on a trip with the wife and kids (doing a 3 wk trip up and back), drove 17hrs and stopped over at Townsville. Leaving Townsville early this morning I got about 50 km out of Townsville and I noticed the nav was bouncing around more than normal. N
Thinking the nav only has 20,000 km on the clock and my sax suspension is only months old that I got nothing to worry about I continued to cairns. Arriving at our destination at cairns and unhooking I noticed the left rear shock had come loose, the top nut was completely gone along with the washer and bush.

I jumped on the net and found a TJM store was only 5 mins up the road so I gave them a call and explained the situation. He asked me to give him a couple of hours and bring the nav into them. I explained that I was prepared to put a new pair of rear shocks on if needed because I want it fixed safe, I still need to do my trip and get home.

I dropped the nav in to TJM and was met with a very high standard of service, I once again thanked him for looking at my nav in such short notice and that I was very appreciative. They took my nav into their workshop and fixed the issue. He then took me out to the workshop and explained what he had done. fitted a new bush and put another nut and washer on. he then showed me a few things wrong he can see with my sax springs. Apart from appearing to have sagged, they have also be contacting the chassis in several places.

He then told me to wait back in the showroom while he washes his hands and he would bring my car out front. He met me back in the showroom and after giving me some advice I asked for the bill. I was met with the guy handing me the keys, shaking my hand saying Merry Christmas.

Not only did TJM fit me into their busy schedule at such short notice, they fixed the issue parts and labour and didn't charge me a cent and wouldn't take anything for the job either, I am going to drop them in a carton tomorrow.

Sorry for the long post but I think TJM deserve the plug, service like this is a rarity now days. The same guy that owns this store also owns the Brendale store in Brisbane.

Thought this might come in handy for those doing the cape trip next year.

Thanks

:rock:

Last edited:
I want to add to this. I've just had a couple of experiences with tjm at nerang on the gold coast having a snorkel done and buying a couple of bits and pieces and they've been fantastic. Really helpful, friendly and willing to answer any questions. Something I've noticed at some others businesses is missing.

It's good to see some businesses doing this still. Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly now

-tyler

Very good to hear and it's good to give credit where due.

Too bad I am a loong way from Cairns.

Those Sax stories are becoming all too frequent now.

Good to see some places haven't lost the meaning of the term service.

Thanks for letting us know, they deserve it.

Something you don't hear all to often, I used to have this mechanic who would do vehicle checks for free if you were buying a car, nfi where he went though, he would also tell me since I was only doing 5000km a year don't worry about 2 services just bring the book in and he will stamp it haha.

I'd throw those sax springs in the bin if it was me though, waste of good steel.

Great plug mate. I am also far from Cairns and have also heard that ARB in Cairns brings quality service aswell. Why is it the businesses so far away have the best rep. Tjm nerang is closer to me. It's a shame those sax springs re contacting the chassis. I found mine faultless on the cape trip maybe I got the good lot of the bunch and also the old original design built in slacks creek Queensland

Very good to hear and it's good to give credit where due.

Those Sax stories are becoming all too frequent now.

certainly turned me off dealing with sax
i have found my local tjm very helpfull and genuine
cant say the same for arb

Great plug mate. I am also far from Cairns and have also heard that ARB in Cairns brings quality service aswell. Why is it the businesses so far away have the best rep. Tjm nerang is closer to me. It's a shame those sax springs re contacting the chassis. I found mine faultless on the cape trip maybe I got the good lot of the bunch and also the old original design built in slacks creek Queensland

Hi rusty, I am from Logan to mate. My suspension came directly from sax at underwood. I must say I'm somewhat dissatisfied with the carrying capacity and clearances of the rear springs and ride of the vehicle especially the front is quite firm. Great for touring but I love getting the nav dirty

Hi rusty, I am from Logan to mate. My suspension came directly from sax at underwood. I must say I'm somewhat dissatisfied with the carrying capacity and clearances of the rear springs and ride of the vehicle especially the front is quite firm. Great for touring but I love getting the nav dirty

My sax springs have great flex and great load capacity. Fully loaded for cape trip and didn't loose any height etc. Was comfortable the only part that wasn't was the ifs front end and the firm shocks I had installed. I have Rancho adjustabkes in rear

Back