Transfer chain noise??!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, It looks like there was some real shock loading on the front wheels/diff bouncing up those ruts.
I'm no expert but when my mate did his front diff it keep making the crunching clunking noise the whole time there was drive to the front wheels, did it continue to make that noise all the time 4wd was engaged? if not i am going to say Stretched or loose transfer chain jumping teeth under lots of load.

Hope this helps

I've only heard CV's make that noise when turning, however there was a lot of opposing force there so not to be ruled out entirely. Does it make the noise on on a sharp turn whilst under power on smooth ground in 4wd? if so then CV's are a real possibility.

Nice hill climb video btw

I was talking to Scotty today on the phone and he mentioned he will be opening up his transfer soon.

Will be interesting to see if the V6's got the stronger chains.

dave, i would assume the americans only got the v6 ones, and they stretch them aswell

sounds like transfer case chain to me.Look at your CV's and see if they move or are broken.
They will move in and out or just be in half if it is a CV.In the Vid it looks like the right front wheel had no drive

how much will they move in and out. mine move about ~10mm when pulling in and out ????

Latest posts

Back