Warranty claims

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo9

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've had my ST NP300 back to nissan about 6 times now for 3 different warranty claims. Who has had the same/similar (or different) problems, and what was the outcome?

1) rear sliding window, mechanism popped off before 1000km service.
The whole window was replaced and re- tinted.
Problem solved.

2) oil leak from transfer case.
Whole New transfer case fitted.
Problem solved.

3) Temperature gauge warms up to operating temperature then drops rapidly back below the cold line, then slowly climbs back to warm.
video here: (Temperature drops sharply around at around 55 secs)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HUNoweepqSoeWYgp2

The instrument cluster has been replaced, but no fix.
They say it is faulty too, and have ordered another one.

I'm not convinced that it is the gauge, so I'm going to get an obdII plug with data logger and try to see if that will show the temperature fluctuation in actual degrees C.

the gauge could be displaying the correct temps. most gauges are set to be very slow to react.
engines will have a bit of temp bounce, tho most modern ones are bottom thermostat which reduces the bounce.
possibly someone set the ecu etc to display the correct temps. would have to check if they can actually do that (ie it might be a diagnostic setting).

otherwise i would be looking at the thermostat or water pump. possibly the bypass port is being opened incorrectly.

Thanks Tweak'e,
I was hoping that might be the case, although if it was that sensitive wouldn't it move all the time? I.E. creep up a bit when at the lights, and pushing uphill etc?
the needle stays in the same spot all day long when it gets to operating temp.

I'm just glad Nissan have covered all this under warranty, it would have cost me a small fortune if otherwise. That's why i'm not going to do an egr blank or anything else till after the warranty period.

Latest posts

Back