ARB Deluxe Bull Bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally had the bull bar installed, against popular consensus I went for a custom silver colour!!! Yes, silver. I'll give the car a polish and post some pics tomorrow so you can all have a goose and let me know your opinions. Personally I am very happy with it!!! :big_smile:

I might also add that I forgot to measure how much the suspension dropped, DAMMIT!!!
:dong:

i was told today by a dealer that the powder coating is a bit amateur. he recomends that if colour coding is required that the bar be sent to a paint shop for 2pac. i know hps more expensive, so i was just wondering for you guys/gals with powder coated bars is the paint up to scratch?

My bar is black powder coat - as is all my ARB bar work. Can't fault the quality frankly and I'm a pretty picky person.

But then I guess it depends which "dealer" told you that the powder coating is a bit amateur (a Nissan dealer told you perhaps???) and whether they have some financial interest in pushing their own products or deals...

I'm not convinced that all paint shops know how to pain bullbars....when I bought my GU Patrol (new) back in late 2002 the only (ARB) bullbar I could get in a reasonable timeframe was the display item that was in stock at the local store. Wrong colour. The Nissan dealer said they would arrange with their panel shop to have it resprayed. Now I know the guys at the ARB shop quite well and they called me each time the bullbar arrived. They sent it back 3 times for remedial work on the paintwork before it was right.

But if you order a colour coded bar from ARB, you can be guaranteed it will be right the first time.

Anyway, my two cents for that that's worth.

I asked for mine to be colour coded and it was 2 packed. Top job they did too!

Can't wait to see how it looks in silver!

I have seen one while Nav with a silver coloured bar here in Canberra. Not to my personal tastes, but I can see how it would appeal to people who like the "two tone" look though.

Well, here it is! Reason I went for silver is I dont like my personal car to look like my work cars. Considering they all have black bars on them and most tradies do too, I thought I'd go with a suggestion from my local ARB store. Very happy with the end result.

As for paint quality, I'm no pro but it looks great. There is a minor scratch which I put down to installation but it's only superficial.

Fog lights are on the way, going to install them myself and save $130. I'm a bit disappointed that there aren't any recovery points like I've seen on the other halfs nudge bar...

Attachments

• New bar.jpg
    New bar.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 584
Last edited:
Bit hard to put recovery points on them mate - ADR issues relating to pedestrian safety and all that. But you have one recovery point under the front of your NAV already anyway.

ARB stopped putting eyelets on the front of their bullbars some time ago when people started tearing them out when they mistakenly believed they were recovery points.

I never would have gone with that colour combination, but after seeing it i think is looks good mate, good choice well done.

What did you pay for your deluxe bar colour coded and fitted?

Last edited:
Mate, if you can include more of an oblique angle shot from the front end that would be great. It is a different coloured silver than I have seen in the past and looks quite posh.

Mate, if you can include more of an oblique angle shot from the front end that would be great. It is a different coloured silver than I have seen in the past and looks quite posh.

Hmm, not sure that I was looking for posh, I prefer smart and stylish :big_smile:

I plan on getting rid of the side steps and fitting something USEFUL and similar colour to the bull bar. The colour is pretty close to the rims too which was part of the decision.

Attachments

• DSC_0098.jpg
    DSC_0098.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 226
Very nice in my opinion. The other one I saw here in Canberra appeared to be much lighter from what I recall. I think yours looks good.

Personally, I still would go for black, but I can see why people would like that combination.

Anybody got a white D40 with this deluxe bar color coded white? Planning on getting one white but want to see a few pics first. cheers

Anybody got a white D40 with this deluxe bar color coded white? Planning on getting one white but want to see a few pics first. cheers

looks like i am the guiney pig. i have a white sahara bar on order at the moment. i'll post a few picks when it is fitted. hope you fellas dont take the piss out of me if it dont look the goods!

jayk

I think it'd look good, and when it comes down to it, we're not the ones driving it around, you are - so you have to be happy with it.

I wonder if there'll be much glare at night off the tops of the bar from the headlights? That'd be my only concern.

looks like i am the guiney pig. i have a white sahara bar on order at the moment. i'll post a few picks when it is fitted. hope you fellas dont take the piss out of me if it dont look the goods!

jayk

Yes i was also thinking the sahara bar as white too...look foward to the pics mate

ta tony and ox. ive had it on order for about 4 weeks now, they are realy taking their sweet time with it!

Latest posts

Back