Np300 stx vibration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Bakes and Jonney.
I contacted Consumer Affairs. They advised me to contact Nissan and ask for a third party independent test.
I emailed Nissan through their website and had a phone call within half an hour.
Looks like the dealer may have been telling porky pies, Nissan hadn't closed my case and they were waiting for further information from the dealer. Which didn't come.
I've got my fingers crossed now.

Thanks to Bakes and Jonney.
I contacted Consumer Affairs. They advised me to contact Nissan and ask for a third party independent test.
I emailed Nissan through their website and had a phone call within half an hour.
Looks like the dealer may have been telling porky pies, Nissan hadn't closed my case and they were waiting for further information from the dealer. Which didn't come.
I've got my fingers crossed now.

Glad to help, I hope you get to the bottom of this issue, and remember to keep us all informed

sounds like great news [ D-23 ] as mentioned when you go higher you get results. the Suburb Dealer is only the little guy, typical car salesman. by the way are you a member of a car club such as RACQ / RACV ETC. ?? if so you could have them do the independent testing.

Last edited:
sounds like great news [ D-23 ] as mentioned when you go higher you get results. the Suburb Dealer is only the little guy, typical car salesman. by the way are you a member of a car club such as RACQ / RACV ETC. ?? if so you could have them do the independent testing.

I can't believe it. Just got off the phone from Nissan customer service. He rang the dealer while I waited. Dealer told him that there's nothing wrong with my Navara, the ride is just a characteristic of 18" low profile tyres. He actually told me to buy new wheels and tyres if I want a better ride, can you believe that.
I don't care about a harsh ride, I had a D40 for nine years, also had a HSV Clubsport. I just want someone to fix the vibration that goes through the whole car at 100KPH.
They refused to have anyone from Nissan drive my car.
They will not get a third party independent test done even though that's what Consumer Affairs suggested.
I'm stumped!

[ can you also get another party to test your vehicle ?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure.
Consumer affairs suggested Nissan get someone else or I must get written permission from Nissan for anyone else to look at it. Something to do with not voiding the warranty. But Nissan will not go any further.
Any suggestions appreciated.

get back onto Consumer Affairs and tell them whats going on with Nissans slackness etc. i am sure if your a member of the Royal Auto Club Australia , there shouldn,t be any issues with using them to test the vehicle . just make Nissan sign the document to allow you to use a private mechanical repairest as a secound opinion. keep in contact with Consumer Affairs so they know whats going on day by day.

Thanks, I'm drafting a letter to consumer affairs as we speak.
I'm in the RACV so will contact them as well.

I could not believe the attitude of the bloke from Nissan. He was adamant that a constant vibration at 100kph is normal and if I want a better ride, buy a set of wheels off an ST. I still can't believe what I heard.

did you let him know you did try a different set of wheels. as you know its got nothing to do with the profile of the tire. COME ON NISSAN pull you heads in.

Hi All,

I have the exact same problem with my np300. Vibration at 80 kmh and 100-110kmh. Have been having this issue the day I took delivery of the car about 1.5 months ago. Complained to Nissan and they replaced the rear prop shaft and rims/tyres by swapping with other similar new units. They had to swap two prop shafts and only then the vibration reduced.

Slight improvement but vibration is still there. Complained further and they got their technical team from the Malaysian HQ to drive the car along with me and the service workshop manager. Vibration was very noticeable at 110kmh. Entire car shakes/rocks. Technical person seems to imply that the shaking is characteristic of the model. He suggested we try another similar new unit.

When we tried another new unit belonging to a customer, the car rocked like crazy at 100kmh. The technical person and service manager were shocked. What surprises me is that the owner of that similar unit did not complain of vibration. That car only had 2300 kms. The vibration on this unit was similar to mine before the rear prop shaft and tyres were replaced on mine.

Nissan has the cheek to tell me, that since both vehicles were vibrating. It is a characteristic of the vehicle. I refused to accept this as no new car vibrates violently at 100-110kmh. I have tried other utes and no such vibration was noticed.

Nissan indicated that they would check with their counterparts in Thailand, since the car was manufactured there. I am still waiting for a decision/direction from them.

I guess this problem maybe more widespread but owners are not coming forward. Owners should take note of this, and if indeed their cars vibrate at those speeds, they should complain. This would force Nissan to take action and not treat us like fools by saying that the shaking is normal.

I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The unit that I have comes with the YD25 engine and the 7 speed auto transmission.

Hi anand1969
Mine has twin turbo 2.3lt engine, 7 speed auto and 18" alloy wheels and shakes like crazy. Here they call the model STX.

Hi. Mine comes with 16" rims. Tyres Dunlop Grandtrek AT20, 255/70R16.

Part of the trouble shooting involved swapping my rims with new 18" ones with Toyo A25, 255/60R18 tyres. Did not help as vibration was still there.

After the prop shaft did not make much of a difference I did a bit of research and found that the Jatco 7 speed auto box is similar to that used on the infiniti Q70. Model code RE7R01B. On the Infiniti the gearbox code is JR710E. But its the same auto box. On the Infiniti there was also vibration at about 100 kmh and it was attributed to the autobox. The description of vibration is similar to that experienced by you and me. The Infiniti was also brand new. Checked a few other new units of Infiniti and a similar vibration was noted. The vibration was attributed to the gearbox. You can read about it on carcomplaints.com. It involved a 2015 model year Infiniti in USA.

I am not sure if the navaras are also having a similar issue.

I know that the 5 speed auto on the D40 used to have issues with the torque convertor that resulted in vibration similar to that experienced by us. Could the problem be carried over onto the new gearbox on the D23.

I am sure Nissan will try to deny this.

Hi again,
The dealer swapped wheels and tyres off the same model as mine, but no difference.
I had the wheels and tyres checked, no problems there.
The dealer loaned me the Navara ST with 16" wheels. This was when mine was being checked. I drove two Navaras with 16" wheels, they much better than mine but I could still feel a vibration. Only slightly compared to my car. My Navara is terrible to drive at 100kph.

I had a 2007 D40 STX (Spanish made). It had no vibration issues. That's why we stayed with Nissan. But we made a big mistake I fear.

Not sure if the problem is only with the auto. I have test driven the manual but never brought it up to highway speeds. On my car, nissan has no idea what the problem is. They dont seem to think its the gearbox. They have tried rectifying the prop shaft and wheels/tyres but nothing has eliminated the vibration.

The gearbox issue is my theory based on what I have find out on similar vehicles using a similar gearbox

Any manual owners experiencing a similar problem??

Can you borrow a second set of rims & tyres and take it for a run and see if the vibration is still there - if it is then it is defiantly the vehicle, if it isn't it is the tyres.

Had some guys from Coopers at our 4WD Club the other night and they mentioned a similar thing where a vibration occurs after new tyres where fitted and they said that sometimes it is an issue with the tyres - they now have a special wheel alignment machine that can detect this in which case they get rid of the tyres.

The other thing would be to call one of the current affairs programs and see if they are interested in running a story on it - might work.

Karl

I am on my third set of tyres/rims. Vibration is still there but to a lesser degree. On the third rear prop shaft, the vibration also reduced but not eliminated. Really dont know what is going on. Is it a combination of prop shaft and rims/tyres? Nissan does not know as well.

Since they dont know they are saying its a characteristic of the vehicle. I am not dropping the matter and expect them to give me an explanation. If its a characteristic of the vehicle they should tell all potential buyers that its normal for the vehicle to shake at 110km/h and let the potential buyers decide whether to go with the purchase. No one in their right mind would.

No vibration in mine whatsoever. Auto ST. had it up to about 140 overtaking a road train, drove beautifully. Definitely not characteristic at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back