Body lift in Queensland

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aye bud did u do the lift yourself? i want todo mine and im looking for info on how to and whats involved and what needs extended etc.. cheers
Dave

What model,year have you got? Anything up too 06 you don't have to extend anything if its 07 onwards you need to remove the radiator to bend the bottom bracket down so you don't get any kinking in the hose I think. Someone may correct me. Also depends on 1" or 2" lift. Details I have given are for 2"

heavyD - get the kit of zordo. He's got all the bits n pieces and good instructions included. Plus he's a good lad who doesn't mind the odd qu or 2 along the way with phone support.

I had to extend the fuel filler tube. You may need to extend the steering arm but within the factory gear included (i.e. once you look at it taking it apart you'll know what I mean). Each ute is slghtly different tho so depends on how you go with it.

Looks good mate, good write up also. Just wondering, how did you go at TMR with your tyres? Did they say anything about them? They are 265 75s arent they?

TMR said nothing about the tyres and yes you had the right size. On mine, they sat within the wheel arches just fine

just a quick clarification....so if you already have a 2 inch suspension lift, then get approval for a 2 inch body lift and take it for the inspection, this will pass fine? or can you only do one or the other?

I was talking to a mate of mine the other day who does mod plates, he told me there was a new directive from QLD-T that allowed engineers to mod plate body lifts and they no longer do QLD-T inspections to approve them.

Off memory he said the code was K3

NICK

Does he do work down on the Gold Coast? Zordo mentioned this K3 today when i enquired about body lifts. Great news anyway you look at it. I guess most mod platers can approve K3.

Yep that's right. Now there is no need for DOT to inspect the car.
Any approved repairer that does Mod plates can approve the bodylift for you.
Cheers

Hey fellas,

Just a question, is having a 2" sus lift and a 2" body lift illeagal? My mate ws saying that just cause it equals out to be 4" total I'll get pinged and I was just curious.

Cheers, Cookey.

Hey fellas,

Just a question, is having a 2" sus lift and a 2" body lift illeagal? My mate ws saying that just cause it equals out to be 4" total I'll get pinged and I was just curious.

Cheers, Cookey.

Check your insurance. 2+2 is completely legal in qld. But you have to get the bodylift checked over the pits. I have 2"+30mm body all certified and insurance covers. Most insurers only like you having 2" in suspension but your allowed total of 100mm of lift. So you make it up with the bodylift.

Got my body lift modded for $150 and took 15mins by 1 of Zordo's mates, I'm insured with Justcar with all my mods listed and an agreed value of 38K for just over 70/month

FYI - Turners Engineering 07 5578 1733. $120 for body lift to be certified and mod plated. 45minutes in and out. Speak to Mike.

What's the go with getting a 2" body lift certified with these new rules that I hear people talking about, but I haven't actually seen. Anyone know if this has changed?

Latest posts

Back