Go Back   The Navara Forum > General Discussions > Main Forum

Old 09-03-2019, 07:14 AM

Hi Tony thank you for your suggestions I gave it a try but to no success funny thing was when I removed radio and had everything off I turned on ignition to check radio and moved the selector over to manual mode and the Ds illuminated moved it back and forth and was working for a bit I put everything back together and it went off again so removed centre console and payed around with radio but nothing checked wires in harness and other connections put in all back together then the next day tuned ignition on and selected manual and it came on drove for a while in manual then stopped at service station turned off ignition filled up jumped back in turned ignition on but did not work again a mate checked the manual mode switch and up and down shift switches and they all seem to be woking his suggestion is the meter cluster itself is the issue the signal is failing from there boy this is frustrating well at least I know its not the selector somewhere between the selector and cluster or cluster itself
thanks again Tony for your help
Sponsored Links

Old 13-03-2019, 08:45 AM

ok the issue with Manual/Sports mode is fixed it was the meter cluster the signal from the gear selector was being sent to the cluster but there is a fault in the circuit in the cluster itself I managed to source one from a wreckers for $120 and it was delivered today it took me 40min all up to change it over and to my delight it worked like a gem it is great to have the manual and sports mode back again Thank you Tony for your help through this it has taken me quite a few months to track it down but even with the other selector I purchased from a wreckers it still all up cost me around $250 .
now the transmission mechanic put the scan on it a while ago and it showed a fault with the manual mode switch it does not show a issue with the cluster he was going to replace the selector at a cost of $900 plus labour and i still would have had the same issue.
the only other thing is my milage is now 216000 km instead of 187000km so it is stored in the meter cluster it self don't know if it presents a major problem or not but what if you opted to buy a new one from nissan it would be 0km
anyway it is all good now and loving it
hope this can help someone in the future
cheers Pete

Old 16-03-2019, 08:25 AM

Update everything going fine I put the multi meter on the old cluster and went threw the 61 diodes on the circuit board and found the possible culprit and a dry solder joint might find a replacement diode and re solder the joint and see if it works just for the heck of it
will up date when I do this
cheers Pete

Old 17-03-2019, 10:55 AM
Administrator

My Mood:
Garage

Excellent news. Will be interesting if a touch of solder will beat a new cluster.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Check out the FAQs by clicking here!

"Money can't buy happiness, but it does make misery a lot easier to deal with."