Hi Lift Jacks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
Hey All

As title says I'm after a hi lift jack. With Christmas coming I've gotta get some ideas. Just wanna know what people are using or have used with any feedback possible? Will go with any brand that has good feedback and good on price.

Type away

Rusty

I have a genuine 48" hi-lift from a previous vehicle, for maintenance it gets a squirt of WD or lanotec every year and it stays working.
I have a stock D22 and there is no where to lift on it (alloy bar, dress steps) maybe the tow hitch.

Honestly I haven't used it once. But mine was free. I have a tigerz11 48" it would be very handy out in the bush though. I put inox on it as it's a marine grade lubricant. Stops rust and keeps it alive ect.

I have a "mean green" highlift from Opposite Lock, has 1500kg rating and the pins are all top quality and wont snap in a hurry.
They come in two sizes, but for utes with only a small lift and 33's the smaller one is ample.

Ive used one from tigerz11 and the same one they give away in promos ect and it wasnt much chop the mech was clunky and not very precise even after a few soaking with WD it was fiddley and the entire unit was flexing like mad just lifting a D22 on one corner, if i was given one i would prob give it to someone else because i dont trust them.

I use to use my mean green job to lift one side of the D40 to change from muddies to road tyres and never saw the flex and twisting like i did out of the tigerz one, and it climbs up and down super easy with no mucking around.

I have a Hi-Lift. It gets used a lot for everything but my ute, although I have needed to lift the ute a couple of times. I love it, top bit of gear. I added a wheel lift attachment to the kit, it only just fits the STR alloys.

I've got a supercheap ridge ryder one. Used it twice today haha to change the flat I got and then put it back on. Straight in the tow hitch lifts the whole rear end off the ground no worries. Although I now know I need to extend my rear diff breather as it was stretched to the max just doing that... can't say I've noticed any excessive flex while using it, haven't really used itnin anger yet, just test lifting from the tow bar and front bar...

Ill second that. Had my "High Lift Deluxe Model HL-485" for over 25 years keep it lubed up and it will always work. The old ones had a bigger lift capacity than todays Chinese crap.
Lift capacity 3175 Kg.
Clamping 340 Kg
winching hoisting 2268 Kg
Mare in the U.S.A......
Think it cost me around $195 back then which was about 2 weeks wages for me.....Ha Ha

I have seen a cheap one jam and on closer inspection the pins were hollow. It was a opposite lock one. Apparently they had switched suppliers and they made a hollow pin batch. So if going that way look at the pins as they carry all the weight....

Thats pretty good, my sticker on the handle is just a shiny rectangle of aluminium .... hahaha
I still have my receipt for the same amount, but mine is only 15 years old.
AND I still have the 2 spare pins shoved in the handle.

They're worth their weight in gold Rus. I've had a TJM jack for a while now. Like the other guys said- give it a squirt of lanolin or similar and it will last forever. I also got one of those Piranha neoprene jack boots to keep dust and other junk out of the jacking mechanism when I carry it outside the vehicle. I mainly use it for changing wheels (with the use of axle stands too of course)- jack under the sliders and you can lift the entire side off the ground.

I

I have seen a cheap one jam and on closer inspection the pins were hollow. It was a opposite lock one. Apparently they had switched suppliers and they made a hollow pin batch. So if going that way look at the pins as they carry all the weight....

not anymore, i have had one for around four years and the pins are solid.
Ive found it to be an awesome tool.

Russ

I won one at the muster and I must say It looks the gear Iron Man

Your welcome to come and have a look if you wish .

Last edited:
I got the chance to drop into ARB today on my drive back to my office from MORE meetings.

Had a good look at the genuine Hi-Lift Jacks. impressive piece of gear. all cast frame and base and some cool accessories to go with(at extra costs). I think i have settled for this one as it seems to be the most highly regarded unit from many and longevity is the key for me.

Now just have to wait for the christmas sales and or boxing day sales to puchase lol.

Thanks
Rusty

I got the chance to drop into ARB today on my drive back to my office from MORE meetings. Had a good look at the genuine Hi-Lift Jacks. impressive piece of gear. all cast frame and base and some cool accessories to go with(at extra costs). I think i have settled for this one as it seems to be the most highly regarded unit from many and longevity is the key for me. Now just have to wait for the christmas sales and or boxing day sales to puchase lol. Thanks Rusty

The way things are going it will deftly be Boxing Day sales.

I will keep my eye out if I see them on special I will let you know Rusty.;-)

Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's

Latest posts

Back