Navara Cracked Firewall

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi DavePP Just recently had the same issue with my firewall cracking and having no clutch I'm in contact with fair trade about the matter wondering if I could email you about it and get some Info, Cheers Hayden
Hey mate. I have the same issue and have spoken with fair trading and now looking at taking this to NCAT but would love to know if you had any luck getting yours fixed?

Hi DavePP & Haydj98,

I am going through exactly the same thing with my 2009 Navara. One day the clutch just stopped working and turns out the fire wall is cracked. This was not due to any fault of mine or any accident. Nissan have called today after assessing the vehicle and have said they will not cover the cost to repair the car. I am about to go to fair trade and any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am in Victoria.

It has already been 3 months now and I can see this getting dragged out even further...

Thanks in advce to anyone who has any advice.

Kate
Hi mate. How did you go with your nav getting fixed? I’m trying to track down evidence of other vehicles with the same issue for NCAT. You can contact me [email protected]

Cracked fire wall

Sorry no didn't think about it at the time. The crack is near the clutch (as the only reason I found out about the crack was when I couldn't drive it because the clutch had gone - driving along a busy road of course) Anyway not the clutch but the crack that has made the clutch unusable (the clutch had been a bit off for a few weeks and had the mechanic look at it and it was fine - he wasn't looking for a cracked firewall!) Also in hindsight starting the ute one morning weeks prior it made a terrible noise, checked under then bonnet, tightened anything that was loose, but now think this was the flex that might have been the final nail in the coffin.
Dave, can you please contact me on [email protected]

Nissan Navara Fire Wall Fixed!

Just following up on my posts from the beginning of the year. My Nissan Navara that had a cracked firewall (due to no fault of mine) and was just out of warranty (see prior posts)
Anyway it got back on the road approx 2 months ago (after being out of action since before Xmas 2014) and it was fixed at no charge to us by Nissan Australia after a very long and drawn out process. I will say that Fair Trading NSW were fantastic.

Hey Dave,

I know this is a rather old post but hopefully you're still on this forum.

I have just found out that my 2010 d40 has the same issue with the cracked firewall cover, I have it booked in for Nissan to have a look and charge me 144 bucks to only give me the same information I already know.

How did you start the process with fair trading? because no doubt I'll have to go down the same road, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi mate. Did you get an further on this case?
Hi mate, how did you go with your issue? i have the same cracking around my 2010 d40 although it's only done 140 000 kms not looking forward to the long process ahead.

Hey mate. I have the same issue and have spoken with fair trading and now looking at taking this to NCAT but would love to know if you had any luck getting yours fixed?

Hi mate, how did you go with your issue? i have the same cracking around my 2010 d40 although it's only done 140 000 kms not looking forward to the long process ahead.

Hi Troy,
We were successful with our case with NCAT although we didn’t get all of what we asked for because we only submitted 1 quote rather than 2 or 3. So it will be off to court again for remedies. I have 4 others with the same issue and as long as you don’t or haven’t ever installed a heavy duty clutch it should be covered. We are highly considering a class action against Nissan Motor Co so if you want to send me through details to [email protected] I can let you know what we decide on doing.

Hi Troy,
We were successful with our case with NCAT although we didn’t get all of what we asked for because we only submitted 1 quote rather than 2 or 3. So it will be off to court again for remedies. I have 4 others with the same issue and as long as you don’t or haven’t ever installed a heavy duty clutch it should be covered. We are highly considering a class action against Nissan Motor Co so if you want to send me through details to [email protected] I can let you know what we decide on doing.

Between this and things like the CVT, Nissan has really dropped the ball over these last 10 years. Always gets me on edge thinking when my D40 will randomly just call it quits.

Hi Jaylee

I'm also sending e-mail to ACCC. have you made progress on this? i'm happy to jump onboard with the case. Please let me know

Latest posts

Back