D22 3.0 vibration when hot

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

someguy360

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been having some issues with my D22 the past month or so that I'm having trouble pinpointing.

The ute runs great when cold, but after around 45 mins to an hour on the road it seems to have a strong vibration/rumble through the floor in 3rd 4th and 5th gear (worst in 4th) when accelerating.

I've changed the fuel filter, air filter, checked engine mounts, checked gearbox mounts, checked center bearing and the exhaust for contact with the body and all looks ok.

If I shut the engine off when hot it seems to be a few hours of sitting before it starts to act normally again.

I thought it might have been a bad fan that may be vibrating when the clutch is engaged which would explain the vibration only when the ute's been run for a long period but the fan seems to be spinning true and doesn't have any cracks or warps.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look next?

Cheers.

How long since the gearbox oil and diff oils have been changed? I'd be starting there is it has been a while as after a decent drive the whole driveline will be warmed up.

How long since the gearbox oil and diff oils have been changed? I'd be starting there is it has been a while as after a decent drive the whole driveline will be warmed up.

Thanks for the reply.

I did the rear diff around 3 months ago but I haven't done the gearbox and front diff since I've owned it which has been 25,000km so it's probably time I suspect.

I'd give that a go. Then have look at the uni joints. Have you got the front hubs locked in when it is going it?

Latest posts

Back