Clutch problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unsteadm

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Soo ive just spent the whole weekend putting in a new clutch. What a job on ur own without a hoist.
Any finally finished. All went pretty however going for a test drive something isnt right with the clutch pedal. It engages almost instantly when releasing and the peadal doesnt come all the way back up unless i pull it up. Its like when pressing the pedal only the bottom 1/4 operates the clutch.
In saying that the clutch is operating fine and feels really good. Drives and changes gears great. Just somethings not right with the pedal. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you bleed it after replacing? I'd give that a go first and see how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ive had a go at bleeding it but you dont undo any of the hydraulics. So i didnt really think that would be the issue.
Its kinda like the piston in the slave cylinder isnt fully retracting, if i pull the pedal up then the piston retracts all the way and the clutch fork comes right back. Which makes me think it isnt a problem with the clutch. Seems to be maybe a hydraulic issue?

Yea i have tried that. But as i said i cant see that beeing the issue as none of the hydraulics where undone or altered in any way.

you now have a stronger pressure plate which makes life for the slave cylinder alot harder . can you try and bleed these 2 units and see how things go then. there is a chance the slave cylinder could need replacing now due to the extra load its getting.

If you're sure everything has been fitted properly, air in the system is the last possible problem. From what you've described it does sound like it has some air in there. How many ks on the vehicle? The only thing I can think of is the rubber line from the end of the hard line to the slave cylinder has cracked internally and is letting a small amount of air in. It may be unseen damage from when it was shifted to get the box out...

Thanks for the help. So the issue was when going from a standard clutch to heavy duty most the time you have to adjust the hydraulics to suit. In my case the pushrod adjuster on the back of the pedal to the master cylinder i undid the lock nut and turned the rod approx 1 turn back into the master cylinder and has now given me a full clutch pedal. Slight free play up top. And doesnt just engage instantly straight from the floor.
I did a bit of google research and alot of the clutch companys explain why this happens when swapping over to heavy duty clutch.
Thanks again everyone

Glad you got it sorted. What clutch did you end up putting in it?

I bought the bluesteel heavy duty. $440
They told me there made by australian brake and clutch but beeing a wholesalers they have to rebrand them under a different name.
The quality look good and seems to be going great so time will tell i guess

Latest posts

Back