Something strange happening

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
Bit of a random question,

Car is stalling on start, only after its been driven. Never cold.

Have genuine fuel filter, have new scv less then 10k old.

Happens only after been driven and parked ( ducked into shops after work on the way home)

Usually starts again on third try when I mash the go pedal

Anyone got any ideas?

Sent via smoke signals

I'd be interested in this too. Although, mine has only had difficulty idling after I've been clumsy with the clutch and stalled it. I've tried turning the ign off for a few seconds, but it doesn't help, only a boot full of revs seem to get it going again then it runs fine.

(I am getting better with the clutch too)

When hot ... won't be turbocharger-control-related, could be sticking EGR valve (isn't yours blocked?), I also wonder about the MAFS. It could be fuel delivery related, could you test the fuel primer after it fails to start and see how many squeezes until firm? What if there's a small air leak when the engine bay is warm?

G'day Tony.how's things?
Yes it's blocked.
I have nipped up all lines I could once it was warm, still happening.

Also tired the primer, it takes a few goes before it gets hard again.

Could the fuel filter be shot?

Sent via smoke signals

I don't think the filter is highly affected by engine heat and if anything you'd think it would work the other way - things should improve with warmer diesel (engine runs, heats the diesel that's returned to the tank leaving warm fuel). Thinner fuel should flow better not worse.

You'd think the glow plugs wouldn't even be needed. I tested these one recent cold morning and didn't wait for the glows to warm up - my engine started normally.

There's also a throttle body that can cause issues but I'm not sure if a simple clean would fix that. Might be worth trying.

I never thought of that.
Probably because it's been a few months since it was done and the problem has only now surfaced.
It might pay to give him a call thought, cheers for the suggestion

Sent via smoke signals

Haven't had a chance to call the tuner yet, however after a run down the coast and a ecu reset half way. So far it has stopped doing it....

Might throw a new fuel filter in on the next service anyway as that can't hurt.

Sent via smoke signals

Back