Coil overs.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doubt it.
certain not on stock arms, barely enough room for the shocks.
would need aftermarket arms with strong shock attachment point and most likely beef up the other attachment point.
ton of work for sweet bugger all gain.

if you looking at some fine tuning, there was a crowd making a coil over with a very small light spring which you can tune.
no idea if that would fit.

doubt it.
certain not on stock arms, barely enough room for the shocks.
would need aftermarket arms with strong shock attachment point and most likely beef up the other attachment point.
ton of work for sweet bugger all gain.

if you looking at some fine tuning, there was a crowd making a coil over with a very small light spring which you can tune.
no idea if that would fit.

Ok cheers for that mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with torsion bars. What's the gain in having coil overs?

Mate, no offence but you obviously have no clue what you're on about. Torsion bar suspension is the worst type of suspension on the planet as far as 4wds go. They are a c*nt to work on, they're expensive to get half decent ones, and when you can get half decent ones they flog out within 60-100k if you're lucky for any decent amount of Offroad driving, they're piss weak and break easy, and if they do break they are a very serious level of danger. They sag very easily as well. And they're just crap in general. Have you ever worked on a torsion bar 4wd before? Coil overs are a far super your type of suspension then torsion bars. Torsion bar ifs is what gives ifs a bad name. Ifs in general will never be a match for solid axle unless it's a trophy truck type and design of ifs but it's alright when it's not torsion bar. My mates Hilux is a far superior vehicle as far as suspension goes compared to mine. That's a 5Le as well. Same era as my Navara.

No offence taken, they work as they are intended. I've never had any problems. Go buy a hilux if you think they are that great!

No offence taken, they work as they are intended. I've never had any problems. Go buy a hilux if you think they are that great!

Only good think about a Hilux is the suspension hahaha that's why I have a nav 😂

Mate, no offence but you obviously have no clue what you're on about. Torsion bar suspension is the worst type of suspension on the planet as far as 4wds go. They are a c*nt to work on, they're expensive to get half decent ones, and when you can get half decent ones they flog out within 60-100k if you're lucky for any decent amount of Offroad driving, they're piss weak and break easy, and if they do break they are a very serious level of danger. They sag very easily as well. And they're just crap in general. Have you ever worked on a torsion bar 4wd before? Coil overs are a far super your type of suspension then torsion bars. Torsion bar ifs is what gives ifs a bad name. Ifs in general will never be a match for solid axle unless it's a trophy truck type and design of ifs but it's alright when it's not torsion bar. My mates Hilux is a far superior vehicle as far as suspension goes compared to mine. That's a 5Le as well. Same era as my Navara.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torsion_bar_suspension

Torsion bars are actually one of the most durable IFS suspension setups, albeit they are dated, also the ability to adjust ride height at the touch of a bolt is a massive bonus. Most breakages seem to occur with the torsion bar key, which mainly seems to be from people not seating the key far enough over the torsion bar splines or damaging the bolt (or the bolt break due to fatigue), or people who re index the key and then leave it hanging out of the crossmember so it gets damaged offroad when driving. I have seen very few instances where the torsion bar itself has broken.

i would pick coil-overs any day since they dont sag like the torsion bars, especially on the d22 you need to bring them up to spec every 3-4 years which means they bring the alligment out, and you have to pay for a new one as well. biggest disantage of a d22 over the newer d40 with the far superior handling and suspension in general

Coil overs way better. We have a few D22 in baja running with coil overs.What did it cost changing front axle,using fox coil overs. 12,000 US dollars. My 14 D22 works fine with the mods I did to Susp with Torsion bars. Could be better with Coil overs , too expensive for me!

Coil overs way better. We have a few D22 in baja running with coil overs.What did it cost changing front axle,using fox coil overs. 12,000 US dollars. My 14 D22 works fine with the mods I did to Susp with Torsion bars. Could be better with Coil overs , too expensive for me!

Jesus Christ was that trophy truck type and level ifs?

No but my other truck is.Second truck is friends Mexican 2013 D22

Attachments

• PTDC0271.jpg
    PTDC0271.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 101
  • PTDC0003.jpg
    PTDC0003.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 113
Back