4lo not engaging

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfingbelievable...the NPS was just unplugged this whole time.....4Lo works perfectly now, probably could have saved myself $130 for the new transfer switches I probably didn't need (will keep the old ones as spares) by looking at that first.....

Cheers Fuzzylogic, looks like I owe you a beer for that if your ever in Perth...
You're welcome, mine did the exact same thing, I also bought transfer case switches, before I figured it out. My connector had managed to only just wriggle loose.. Weird thing is, when that sensor fails, you lose cruise control, but keep low range, when it's unplugged, no low range, but you have cruise...

You're welcome, mine did the exact same thing, I also bought transfer case switches, before I figured it out. My connector had managed to only just wriggle loose.. Weird thing is, when that sensor fails, you lose cruise control, but keep low range, when it's unplugged, no low range, but you have cruise...

Yeah I discovered that this morning on the way to work, I'm 99% sure the previous owner decided to choose the C/C over 4Lo as they didn't do any real offroading and unplugged it, I tested it again by setting C/C with the gear lever pushed to the left and when I let it go the C/C disengages so it still works but it has probably just worn down the plunger, I will remove it and test it and spot weld a bit extra on it as per the video below and see how that goes...

I've got the same problem with my 09 D40 ST-X, I've checked both brake switches and they work fine, I've replaced all 3 transfer switches and contact cleaned all the plugs for the transfer switches and the servo and still no 4Lo.

When I switch to 4Hi the servo on the back of the transfer case makes a noise and it engages, also the 2 black relays under the bonnet click when engaging and disengaging 4Hi, but when doing the same with 4Lo there is no noise from the relays or the servo.

Is there just the 2 black relays for both 4Hi and 4Lo or are the black ones just for 4Hi, are there different ones for 4Lo?

How did you end up diagnosing the broken wires?
Sorry mate for very late reply Im guessing your got sorted out by now I had to take it to auto electrician he sorted it.
Mate again so sorry for late reply. The relays I dont know hence why I took it to the leco. Im sorry.

When I got the same problem i replaced the cross that has 4 heads and it works fine.

Am not sure about the name of that part but it is like + with four heads each has a small bully

It is the cardan shaft joint

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211001-012522_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20211001-012522_Google.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 12
Thanks I have replaced both of them about 12 mths ago still no change I have done the three switches on the gearbox. As I said in the end I took it to a auto electrician and apparently it was broken wires but I dont know what ones but it works now

Hi folks new hoping to get valuable intel from you all at some point. I know probably been asked and answered hundreds of times but I am having trouble on my D40 the 4Lo light flashes but doesn't engage I have removed cleaned switches on gearbox put it back in no different. 4 high engages. If you dont want to answer please point me in right direction of posts already up if any thanks. I backed it out driveway and put in 4HI drove about 5 mtrs nd it just sort of pulled up. I had to disengage 4HI and back up to get moving again. Any ideas. If none do you know where I can buy new switches from apart from Nissan. I removed and cleaned the 3 of them on the box but no difference.
Thanks for any help or info you may give...Or if you have any tricks to try.
Hi folks new hoping to get valuable intel from you all at some point. I know probably been asked and answered hundreds of times but I am having trouble on my D40 the 4Lo light flashes but doesn't engage I have removed cleaned switches on gearbox put it back in no different. 4 high engages. If you dont want to answer please point me in right direction of posts already up if any thanks. I backed it out driveway and put in 4HI drove about 5 mtrs nd it just sort of pulled up. I had to disengage 4HI and back up to get moving again. Any ideas. If none do you know where I can buy new switches from apart from Nissan. I removed and cleaned the 3 of them on the box but no difference.
Thanks for any help or info you may give...Or if you have any tricks to try.
Hey I had the same issue in my no300 I couldn’t get 4LO to work I tried evreything. In the end a hood bugger stopped me and said my brake light where not working so I changed fuse and now it goes in and out with no issue

Latest posts

Back