D22 Lack of power under accelaration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no power problem

hi guys , first time ive posted on this forum . interested in this problem cos i have a d22 with the 2.5 yd engine with the same setup . bought it with the conrod through the block problem . as im a mechanic myself i bought a new short block , and put it back together with new and reconditioned parts . finished the project and cranked it over started pretty much straight away and ticked over sweetly but same problem as above no power at all in any gear. having read many posts and trying many things i still cannot get to the bottom of the problem . have tested all sensors to the workshop manual and they are ok . turbo pressure ok , and one pump tested and ok and even tried another pump with no joy . so im interested to see if someone cleverer than me can solve this . my investigations are ongoing . so ill keep you posted .

Did you modify the oil pump and pick up ?

Non CRD YD25's big end bearings are crap metals to.

There is some good info on Nissan-Navara.net • Portal about it.

Australia never got this engine so your best checking the UK site for info on it.

yes thankyou dave . i changed the the bearings out for acl ones and fitted arp rod bolts . and also modified the joint between the pickup from the sump to block . thanks to various navara forums like this one which had a good amount of imformation that was very helpful . having done everything to the book , thats why im alittle miffed about this lack of power and im out of ideas now . the funny thing is we had another navara in identical to mine , so i did a live data scan with a snap on solus and the data is identical to mine but his truck is like a bat out of hell . interesting about the jump starting though as we also jumpstarted mine . oh well ill keep serching fingers crossed .

Is the pump timing 100% ?

Maybe you missed plugging something back in.

I have never dealt with the YD25DDTI non CRD.

Have you downloaded the service manual on here ?

It has the YD25 info.

yeh ive got the workshop manual . yeh everything is plugged in . this has been going on for a while now . ive been through the pin outs on the ecu and had the pump and injectors tested . pump timing and coloured links on chains all line up and pinned . exhaust dropped , turbo pressure checked engine compression checked . all sensors checked to workshop manual . can't really understand the problem , you would expect it to be fine . head scratching .

Would an EGR valve blocked open and pouring exhaust gas into the intake do that, you think?

I'd be wondering how the fuel rail pressure was. The original post said that a new pump (assume fuel) had been tried, but no mention of actual rail pressures. Is the fuel filter new and allowing fuel to flow freely?

my 2.5 non crd is making about 16 psi under full load . filters are all new and have run straight from a can of diesel so i know there are no blockages . as for the 3.0 if it is common rail , low fuel pressure or lack of fuel should shut the system down and flick a fault code up . also mine has the egr blanked off which is fine because the 2.5 non common rails don't have a variable vane turbo like the newer ones do . does'nt give much faith to the dealers if they can't find it as there diagnostic system is alot better than most small garages .

Latest posts

Back